Crappy cell phone footage

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Crappy cell phone footage

Postby HuntingtonHyzer » Thu May 20, 2010 5:27 pm

I know the footage is horrible, but can anyone see enough to give me a few pointers. Both throws are Valks in 172. Both shots went around 310. My diagnosis is that im pulling late/opening my hips to early and I need to angle my pivot foot back more. Seems that I am releasing from the left pec also. Anything you can help with is appreciated, and I am working on getting much better footage this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcsuLusQZg
HuntingtonHyzer
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Crappy cell phone footage

Postby Redisculous » Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Yeah, if you pause the video at the proper time on the second throw, you can clearly see that the disc never makes it up to the right pec before your body/shoulders turn to face the target.

After you plant, try waiting/pausing/slowing down your body just ever so slightly/briefly and *allow* the disc to come across your chest before you pull/rotate/finish.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Re: Crappy cell phone footage

Postby JR » Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I'd move the plant step right about 4-5" for a flat release. Your annied now. You start to accelerate the arm from the left pec but not at full speed. That's half right. When you move the onset of less than full speed acceleration to the right pec you've crossed another hurdle.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique