New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New Bag Company Coming

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm

18 discs in the main compartment. Nice wide shoulder straps. Rides high on the back. I wonder how the bag will hold up? What's the estimated price for this?

Looks pretty sweet!
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby koffee » Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Thank you for the picts those look very nice. I was thinking about another bag ill have to look into these.

CHEERS - Koffee
koffee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: buzz

Postby Timko » Fri May 21, 2010 12:11 pm

I got told the price is around $160. It's being manufactured and co-designed by an existing bag company. I didn't ask Justin who, but it sure looks a whole like the manufacturing on my Tom Bihn.

I'm a shorter guy (5'4"), and the bag fit very nicely. It rode high on my back, which is something very, very important to me for long tournament days.

That putter pocket zips on the top. It's one of the coolest features of the whole bag. The chair also fits nicely in the side.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Booter » Fri May 21, 2010 12:13 pm

good to hear chris. I'm about the same height as you. The putter pocket is the best feature imo. I love it. I also like how the stool is on the side. It's nice and compact bag. Basically what I wanted a revo dual pack to be 8)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Timko » Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm

booter wrote:good to hear chris. I'm about the same height as you. The putter pocket is the best feature imo. I love it. I also like how the stool is on the side. It's nice and compact bag. Basically what I wanted a revo dual pack to be 8)

It's got a tiny footprint too.
Timko

Postby Jeronimo » Fri May 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Disc pocket makes me nervous, I hate fighting to get the 1st and last disc in/out of the main compartments.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby emiller3 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:27 pm

That is the nice thing about GB bags, everything is easily accessible and on display.

Although, does anyone actually use 20 discs in a round (18 plus your two main putters)? I'd think you'd put your occasional use/backup discs on the far edges. And if you're throwing practice shots, the pocket won't be full by the time you reach for those backups on the edges. I've never had a semi-closed pocket like Revo or this new bag, so I don't know. I only carry 16 discs, and I only use 12 of them unless I'm practicing.

Anyone know what grade of material they'll be made in?
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Fri May 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Looks good! For those who have seen one, do they have two insulated bottle holders?
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby jsun3thousand » Fri May 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Jeronimo wrote:Disc pocket makes me nervous, I hate fighting to get the 1st and last disc in/out of the main compartments.

Won't be a problem.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby jsun3thousand » Fri May 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Mr.SmOOOth wrote:Looks good! For those who have seen one, do they have two insulated bottle holders?

Yes.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Postby Timko » Fri May 21, 2010 1:35 pm

emiller3 wrote:That is the nice thing about GB bags, everything is easily accessible and on display.

Although, does anyone actually use 20 discs in a round (18 plus your two main putters)? I'd think you'd put your occasional use/backup discs on the far edges. And if you're throwing practice shots, the pocket won't be full by the time you reach for those backups on the edges. I've never had a semi-closed pocket like Revo or this new bag, so I don't know. I only carry 16 discs, and I only use 12 of them unless I'm practicing.

I felt it, and it was 1500+ Cordura I assume. As far as the size, I think there's going to be on the that will be less wide that will hold 15 in the main compartment coming out after this one.
Timko

Postby jsun3thousand » Fri May 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Timko wrote:
emiller3 wrote:That is the nice thing about GB bags, everything is easily accessible and on display.

I felt it, and it was 1500+ Cordura I assume. As far as the size, I think there's going to be on the that will be less wide that will hold 15 in the main compartment coming out after this one.

I can't remember the material either. It's on the same level as all other hi-end bags. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Justin is very consciousness of the entire design process. He aims at designing products that benefit the user and minimally impact the environment.
jsun3thousand

Postby emiller3 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Timko wrote:I felt it, and it was 1500+ Cordura I assume. As far as the size, I think there's going to be on the that will be less wide that will hold 15 in the main compartment coming out after this one.
Man, I can't wait to see these in production.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby DJayhawk » Fri May 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Is it made in the USA?
DJayhawk
Noob

Postby Timko » Fri May 21, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm trying to figure out where it's made right now. If it is a Tom Bihn, then yes, it's made in the US. I assume he got an American company to contract.
Timko

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment