What is a good DG hat in the summer?

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What is a good DG hat in the summer?

Postby JR » Sat May 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Too bad my home course is on top of a hill and shade is too rare. The forehead burning issue will have to be tested. That hat stays on thanks to the snug fit from adjustable head band and under chin strap. It would not good if one put a visor on top of the mesh ring to shade the forehead :-D Perhaps more hair on the forehead would help. But that gets hotter again.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Mark Ellis » Sat May 22, 2010 2:10 pm

RS39 wrote:Mark:
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___91215

elastic draw cord with cinch in back, for infinite sizing

I'm on the last 1-2 notches on a typical ball cap too, and this fits great with just a touch of cinch from fully open. Nice breeze thru the top mesh band too. Folds into the bag for car pools, does not come out mangled.

Thanks for the recommendation. A couple weeks age I walked into the local REI ( a big, overpriced, camping/outdoor store) and tried on everything they had. Nothing fit right. So I am not willing to buy a hat by the internet, knowing the low odds it will fit and knowing I'm too lazy to return it. But thanks.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby JR » Sun May 23, 2010 1:11 am

Mark Ellis wrote:
RS39 wrote:Mark:
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___91215

elastic draw cord with cinch in back, for infinite sizing

I'm on the last 1-2 notches on a typical ball cap too, and this fits great with just a touch of cinch from fully open. Nice breeze thru the top mesh band too. Folds into the bag for car pools, does not come out mangled.

Thanks for the recommendation. A couple weeks age I walked into the local REI ( a big, overpriced, camping/outdoor store) and tried on everything they had. Nothing fit right. So I am not willing to buy a hat by the internet, knowing the low odds it will fit and knowing I'm too lazy to return it. But thanks.

I measured mine with the headband loosened up as much as it can. I measured the following dimensions from the top of the band that touches the head at the lowest part of the hat taking care not to stretch the hat for inflated size so the hat shouldn't be as tight as the measurements indicate and still be a little loose. Back to front along the center line 21 cm, sideways at the center line 14,7 cm and diameter is suspect because the fabric shifts while measuring. I got approximately 21 1/8". Just noticed that the tape measure had both systems :-( The hat is wider at the bottom of the band touching the head and I suspect that if one couldn't fit the head up to the top of the band but managed to fit into the one inch lower sitting bottom of the headband it would not fly off the head thanks to the under chin strap.

In Finland this hat is cheap cheap cheap at 19.90 Euros so you shouldn't lose an arm and a leg if you can't use it if you think you can fit into it based on those measurements. At least you should try it on for size if you ever come across it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear