(Feaux) Hardwood flooring glue adhesive clean up?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

(Feaux) Hardwood flooring glue adhesive clean up?

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:32 pm

My gf and I moved into an apartment last month. They painted, cleaned, fixed... yada yada. The kitchen has this wood flooring, it's prolly fake, whatever they make em out of. Problem is they put that glue between the strips of em, pressed em together so it's got areas where the glue got sandwiched and pressed out of the top.
It's sticky, and now it's picking up dirt from normal usage and it's starting to show. Is there any chemicals anyone knows that I can use to get some of this stuff off without ruining it?
I've got some plastic razor blades that I use for vinyl work, and tried some Goo Gone on a small patch of it. Seems to work decent, but not enough for me to spend an entire weekend on my hands and knees trying to get this crap off.

Any help is appreciated.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Re: (Feaux) Hardwood flooring glue adhesive clean up?

Postby sunspot » Mon May 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Have you contacted your landlord to get see if they could deal with the problem? It's their responsibility to take care of things like that. If you approach them in a respectful manner and tell them the problem in an understanding way, then they will probably be more willing to fix the problem. Regardless, they should fix the problem if you are nice or not, but it's better to start the relationship on the right foot.

I'm not sure if you have, but you should read up on your rights as a renter. That's the best way to be informed, especially if you encounter any more problems in the future.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Well we put it down as something that wasn't fixed when we moved in.
They came in and fixed everything but didn't do anything about the flooring. I'm about to look on their website to see if there's a place I can log problems and all that jazz.
FUN!
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby riverboy » Mon May 24, 2010 2:11 pm

You should try using a heat stripper. You can probably find them at most rental stores.
ChUcK wrote:Gateway doesn't use foil hotstamps. Dave Mac employs a neanderthal with a chisel and a loveless childhood.
riverboy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: CE eagle X

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Hrmmm, that sounds way more involved than just something I can clean it with.
I found their maintenance thing on their website. I'll be putting in a request. I just wanna walk on my damn floors without sticking to em. Lol.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby some call me...tim? » Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 pm

AciDBatH666 wrote:I just wanna walk on my damn floors without sticking to em. Lol.

I can sympathize with that. Unfortunately, I can't blame my landlady for that one....
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Well it's not like this is some ratty apartment.
This is a really nice complex. There's really zero white trash lingering around. I've been there a month and haven't heard a single neighbor thru the walls or above me, I haven't heard a single radio blaring in the parking lot, and I've got a front row view from my dining area of the main pool. T&A ON THE REAL Y0!!!!

I'm pretty confident that once I contact them they'll have it looked at within a couple of days.
Now I get to go look for washer/dryers when I leave work. THE FUN NEVER ENDS!
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.