Updated driving form, 1 1/2 months later.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Updated driving form, 1 1/2 months later.

Postby DsmDisc » Mon May 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Got a new vid up on youtube of my driving form. The main thing i've been focusing on is getting a better reach-back and getting my elbow through further. Looking at this vid, I see i'm still not quite getting to the right pec area, closer to my left pec before releasing my elbow.

I have improved on distance. Went from about 250' tops on the previous video to about 320' max on this one. I suffer from the same problem other have mentioned - throwing it further on the course than in the field, but my typical distance drive on the course is 290-300' now.

Let me know what tips you have at this point, and what things I should focus on now.

Original thread (4/7/10)
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17366

New Video (5/24/10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwrwI3xqtVg
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Re: Updated driving form, 1 1/2 months later.

Postby discnick » Mon May 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Biggest thing I see hindering your form.. Slow down, smaller steps. Your last step is huge making you stay very back. It looks like on your throws you were trying to hyzer (by your warm-up motions) but then your throw looks nose up and anny. Gotta stay more upright and over the disc. That warm-up motion you do between your first and second throw is good... Try doing that exact motion from a standstill, or from a very slow walk with small steps to keep yourself more upright and get a good feel for the snap. Your upper body/arm motions aren't too bad, you prob don't need to be reaching back quite so far but I don't think that's a huge deal.
Good luck
Nick
discnick
Noob

Postby DsmDisc » Mon May 24, 2010 6:40 pm

You're certainly right about the long steps. For some reason, this only happens on the field. When I play on a course, and I have limited room (tee-pad, marker disc) to work with, I take much smaller, controller steps. I'll definitely work on that though.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Postby JR » Tue May 25, 2010 3:50 am

That sideways thrust kick raising the leg from the hip joint during the final step changes the throw a lot. So a video of the form after eliminating that is gonna look different. Stay at it and you'll get better.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique