liquid RIT mixed with rubbing alcohol?

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

liquid RIT mixed with rubbing alcohol?

Postby lefty » Fri May 28, 2010 7:27 pm

does this method work? applying it with a brush? results?
the one thing we need is a left-hand monkey wrench
lefty
Noob

Favorite Disc: roc-a-buzz

Re: liquid RIT mixed with rubbing alcohol?

Postby patdabunny » Sat May 29, 2010 7:00 am

A better result is had mixing liquid rit with dishwashing liquid (clear) and heating it. That's what I've found works best...
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby ChUcK » Sat May 29, 2010 8:10 am

It probably works just fine. Any solvent that will dissolve rit will work for painting, but I recommend trying a junk disc first time...
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby lefty » Sun May 30, 2010 7:45 pm

so I tried it, and it worked out very well. Having nothing to compare it to by means of a dye, so don't mean much, being these were my my first attempts at dying. but i'm pleased. Did learn some stuff tho. Read the tutorial, and started by cutting stencil. bag that. Rub a soft lead pencil on the back of design as "trasfer paper" and trace. so much less hassle.
As for the stick-um left on the disc, laundry detergent+ 10 min.+ hot water+rub with a towel= clean as a whistle. little to no effect on the dye, worked great. I thought, works for wallpaper, so why not. worked out.
one suprise tho. had one dye that "leaked" through the "top-nipple" of the disc. Left big black blot on the bottom. Anyone had trouble with this?
will post pics when my old ass figures out how to use this "robo-box-informatron" better :? .......lefty
the one thing we need is a left-hand monkey wrench
lefty
Noob

Favorite Disc: roc-a-buzz

Return to Disc Artwork