Help critique a noob

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Help critique a noob

Postby noobynoober » Mon May 31, 2010 2:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CykByzI5XzU

Please excuse the cell phone video. Take a look and tell me what you think. I have been playing for 3 months and was throwing my Orcs.
noobynoober
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z-BUZZ

Re: Help critique a noob

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 31, 2010 3:25 pm

The cellphone video makes it hard to see what's going on (low fps), but you're kinda all over the place on that throw. Calm down a bit when throwing, slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is far. And (apart from the Swedish style) you usually wouldn't want to lift up your left arm like that and throw from underneath it.

How long are you throwing? Orcs usually start working when you can reach 320+ feet with consistency, before that they'll fly more overstable and can hinder learning in the sense that the overstable stuff tends to mask flaws in form. You could be throwing that or longer, but hell if I can tell by that video. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby noobynoober » Mon May 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Thank you, I will slow it down. I didnt realize I did that with my arm until watching the video. Should I be looking back at the disc on the reach? I usually throw the ORC around 300-350. It seems as though my form breaks down when I really try to crank one. My smoothest throws have also been my furthest. Thanks for the input. If I ever post another video, I will be sure that it is from a real camera.
noobynoober
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z-BUZZ

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 31, 2010 4:23 pm

Some people look back, some people don't. It definitely makes reaching back easier, but also makes aiming more difficult. I try to keep my head from going more than 90 degrees away from the target, but I don't think I'm doing a good job.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby zj1002 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:28 pm

that looked like Cathollow in Austin... welcome to DGR, that is all
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby JR » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:14 am

Hi and welcome. You hit the ground with the final step and it tripped you forward and to the right. That was even worse because even on flat ground you would have had some plant leg jamming from the long step which would have followed from raising the right leg from the hip joint toward the target. The right ankle was twisted and tilted the whole body to the right. You should try to plant the final step foot horizontal for flat throws. Only steep annies and hyzers need planting on the side to sole corner of the shoe.

You will get more power if you swing the left arm toward the right as you bring it down.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique