Innova Mako

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Innova Mako

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Billym wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:
BLURR wrote:My latest addition to my mako family...

man they had like 30 of these at a local retailer the other day for $15 flat, buncha Eco Destroyers too at the same price point, got me a couple :)

Jesse where?

I Love the new small Echo stamps! Don't know why exactly but I like it.

the pay station at skyline park, pretty sure theirs had some napa club stamp on it though, the destroyers i got sure did :(
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby zj1002 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Trey133 wrote:Discgolfvalues.com just got in Champion Mako's for anyone who is interested. They also got in some other tasty plastic.

yeah I plan on buying one pretty soon here
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 03, 2010 12:01 am

How are the champs, more HSS and LSS?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby johnc99 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Ordered a champ mako today to try out. I've had good times with the star mako, got one at an Ice Bowl tourney this year and didn't try it out till a month or so later when I went by the local park (Barber) after work. Opened my trunk and realized I hadn't brought my disc bag (grrr), but lo and behold there was the brand spankin new mako at the bottom of my trunk. I'd planned to give it to one of my friends since he'd recently thrown his Coyote into Lake Reidsville. Anyhow, decided to give it a shot for a few holes and long story short, 18 holes later I'd shot even par, which is a decent score out there for me, and had a blast! Was hitting some crazy lines with it, and I actually think I putted better with it than my voodoos. Needless to say, my friend didn't get the disc. ;-)
johnc99
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby zj1002 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 pm

hey I just gave my star mako to my friend after he lost his coyote. he was hitting metal on almost every shot within 200 ft. I would say he found a great replacement for his coyote. he seems to love it so far
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 03, 2010 1:50 pm

zj1002 wrote:hey I just gave my star mako to my friend after he lost his coyote. he was hitting metal on almost every shot within 200 ft. I would say he found a great replacement for his coyote. he seems to love it so far

Good to hear, especially if the Coyote was an old one. The new Coyote is more stable than the old, the Mako is probably closer to the old Coyote than the new Coyote is.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby johnc99 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:41 am

Got a yellow champ mako x-out in yesterday, haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but I'm not sure I want to because it's so freakin domey. It looks like just like the pic Leopard posted on page 9 of this post, but maybe even domier. It's seriously the the domiest disc I've ever seen. Did I mention it was domey? :wink: Just for fun I did the hot water flattening thing on it and it reduced it a bit, but now the flight plate is super flexible, kinda like the soft star mako I have, but domier of course, lol. I might donate this one to a friend, although it might be amazing, who knows!
johnc99
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Dump truck » Fri May 07, 2010 9:37 am

hopefully the dome is why they're x outs. I've really been wanting to throw a mako but the star plastic is too soft for my liking and the champ makos may be a bust.
omega/rhyno/comet/torque/hornet/valk/pd/nuke/destroyer
Dump truck
Tree Magnet

Postby Billym » Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 am

So here is the question;
All of us who are digging the Mako, could we have missed out on the Coyote and would we have liked that disc too?
Seems like they are so close that they must have some similarities.
What do you think?
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby jubuttib » Fri May 07, 2010 11:51 am

Billym wrote:So here is the question;
All of us who are digging the Mako, could we have missed out on the Coyote and would we have liked that disc too?
Seems like they are so close that they must have some similarities.
What do you think?

I dig the Mako, and love the Coyote. I'd guess that the reason the new Coyotes are more stable than the old ones is because the old Coyote and the Mako were pretty damn close. The old Coyote does have more LSS, but honestly I could easily go with either one.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Trey133 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:43 pm

First disc I ever had was a coyote, and I still use my first champ coyote for glow rounds.

They're a very versatile disc that you can shape a ton of lines with.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Billym » Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 am

I picked up two 180 Star Makos that must be the later domey runs. I got these at Anderson Valley Brewing Co with their logo stamped on it. We'll see how they fly compared to the FRs and others I have.

Update 5/11;
The domey one flies pretty much like the rest. Maybe a tad less stable. I was really windy yesterday afternoon so it may take a few more rounds. But all in all the new Mako worked fine.

Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Billym » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Billym wrote:I picked up two 180 Star Makos that must be the later domey runs. I got these at Anderson Valley Brewing Co with their logo stamped on it. We'll see how they fly compared to the FRs and others I have.

Update 5/11;
The domey one flies pretty much like the rest. Maybe a tad less stable. I was really windy yesterday afternoon so it may take a few more rounds. But all in all the new Mako worked fine.

After a few more rounds it is my opinion that domey Makos suck! Way understable.

Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:18 pm

domey champs are mega stable
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Billym » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 am

zj1002 wrote:domey champs are mega stable

The one non domey (flat) xout champ I tossed was pretty much like my FRs and 2nd runs (flat) straight no fade. The Domey Star (3rd run??) is way less stable. :roll:

Mega stable? For what? Makos are not supposed to be stable; how stable Rancho Roc stable?

Billym
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment