some randomness

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: some randomness

Postby JR » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm

You have to design your own discs if you want to be able to continue limiting distance with disc selection. Unless you wanna finesse lids. So realistically you're at a problem where everyone would love to be having to learn to control your power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: some randomness

Postby masterbeato » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:14 am

JR wrote:You have to design your own discs if you want to be able to continue limiting distance with disc selection. Unless you wanna finesse lids. So realistically you're at a problem where everyone would love to be having to learn to control your power.


Thanks JR, I am trying to make some money to make trips out to different states to give some people some hands on lessons.

people have never made any requests for me to travel, so i had no motivation and i highly suggest people to make those suggestions and i will do my best to make it out there because i need to get the hell outta this state once in a while! lol

if i get supplied a couch to sleep on and a plane ticket or food i will supple gas if i have to drive, or food if i have to fly. or i will just bring my own food and i can stay for a week or so and i would be more than happy to head out to wherever and help them out with their game if that is what people would like to do.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Re: some randomness

Postby Parks » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 am

Holy poop I wish I had some money right about now.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: some randomness

Postby masterbeato » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:28 am

Parks wrote:Holy poop I wish I had some money right about now.


whenever you do i am down!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Re: some randomness

Postby jubuttib » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:11 am

Hmm, wonder what a plane ticket to Finland would cost...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: some randomness

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:44 am

masterbeato wrote:
JR wrote:You have to design your own discs if you want to be able to continue limiting distance with disc selection. Unless you wanna finesse lids. So realistically you're at a problem where everyone would love to be having to learn to control your power.


Thanks JR, I am trying to make some money to make trips out to different states to give some people some hands on lessons.

people have never made any requests for me to travel, so i had no motivation and i highly suggest people to make those suggestions and i will do my best to make it out there because i need to get the hell outta this state once in a while! lol

if i get supplied a couch to sleep on and a plane ticket or food i will supple gas if i have to drive, or food if i have to fly. or i will just bring my own food and i can stay for a week or so and i would be more than happy to head out to wherever and help them out with their game if that is what people would like to do.


That's a really cool offer Dan! I don't have the extra snaps to fly you down to Maryland myself but maybe I can pool some loot together with a few friends. Places to stay and food is no issue. Ever been to Baltimore? It's a good time!

EDIT: I'd really like to see you play the green monster @ Patapsco
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Re: some randomness

Postby masterbeato » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:47 am

patapsco is madness!

lets bring it on!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Re: some randomness

Postby black udder » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:35 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:
masterbeato wrote:
JR wrote:You have to design your own discs if you want to be able to continue limiting distance with disc selection. Unless you wanna finesse lids. So realistically you're at a problem where everyone would love to be having to learn to control your power.


Thanks JR, I am trying to make some money to make trips out to different states to give some people some hands on lessons.

people have never made any requests for me to travel, so i had no motivation and i highly suggest people to make those suggestions and i will do my best to make it out there because i need to get the hell outta this state once in a while! lol

if i get supplied a couch to sleep on and a plane ticket or food i will supple gas if i have to drive, or food if i have to fly. or i will just bring my own food and i can stay for a week or so and i would be more than happy to head out to wherever and help them out with their game if that is what people would like to do.


That's a really cool offer Dan! I don't have the extra snaps to fly you down to Maryland myself but maybe I can pool some loot together with a few friends. Places to stay and food is no issue. Ever been to Baltimore? It's a good time!

EDIT: I'd really like to see you play the green monster @ Patapsco


Perhaps there's enough of us in the maryland/dc/fredericksburg area that we could squeeze enough cash out to get Dan down here. Fredericksburg would be a fair halfway point (I think) and we could get people from Richmond to DC and he'd be right on The Grange/Hawk Hollow & Loreilla.
black udder
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Re: some randomness

Postby Monocacy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:00 pm

black udder wrote:Perhaps there's enough of us in the maryland/dc/fredericksburg area that we could squeeze enough cash out to get Dan down here. Fredericksburg would be a fair halfway point (I think) and we could get people from Richmond to DC and he'd be right on The Grange/Hawk Hollow & Loreilla.

. . . or the DC / Baltimore area, and he’d be right on Patapsco, Seneca, and Rockburn (or he could work on his short game at Druid or Calvert :lol: ).

Makes no difference to me, I would drive anywhere in the region for the opportunity to get a few tips from Dan. And if you find yourself near Frederick, MD, I will throw in an offer of home-cooked barbecue, Thai, Indian, Mexican, Vietnamese, Sichuan . . .
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:05 pm
Location: Maryland
Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: some randomness

Postby JR » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:02 pm

jubuttib wrote:Hmm, wonder what a plane ticket to Finland would cost...


If you're a member of Suomen frisbeeliitto use kisakone at www.frisbeeliitto.com to sign on to one of David Feldberg's clinics this summer in the meantime. I think it was 20 Euros for the clinic.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: some randomness

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 am

JR wrote:
jubuttib wrote:Hmm, wonder what a plane ticket to Finland would cost...


If you're a member of Suomen frisbeeliitto use kisakone at http://www.frisbeeliitto.com to sign on to one of David Feldberg's clinics this summer in the meantime. I think it was 20 Euros for the clinic.

Well aware already, but thanks anyway. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: some randomness

Postby maxarinkel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:23 pm

If you don't mind the non sequetor, how far do you throw your putter now? I find myself using mine more and more as my distance increases. I played a normal course and reached for a dart about 60% a roc 30 and my teebirds 10. Does that hold true in the 500ft + max range too or should I be learning how to short arm my putters now?
maxarinkel
Noob
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12 pm
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: some randomness

Postby DsmDisc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:17 pm

masterbeato wrote:
JR wrote:You have to design your own discs if you want to be able to continue limiting distance with disc selection. Unless you wanna finesse lids. So realistically you're at a problem where everyone would love to be having to learn to control your power.


Thanks JR, I am trying to make some money to make trips out to different states to give some people some hands on lessons.

people have never made any requests for me to travel, so i had no motivation and i highly suggest people to make those suggestions and i will do my best to make it out there because i need to get the hell outta this state once in a while! lol

if i get supplied a couch to sleep on and a plane ticket or food i will supple gas if i have to drive, or food if i have to fly. or i will just bring my own food and i can stay for a week or so and i would be more than happy to head out to wherever and help them out with their game if that is what people would like to do.


If you ever want to come to Des Moines some time, me and my buds would be glad to throw a few rounds with ya. I've got a comfortable couch I could spare for a few days. I've finally started to settle down my form a bit, and feel like I'm a few good pointers and some practice away from crushing some drives. If you wanted to drive down I could fund the food expenses as well.

We've got a few beautiful courses down here, you would not get bored playing them.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Des Moines
Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Re: some randomness

Postby Dr. Burd » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 am

Did you you take that line on 11 out over the road? Where did your lie end up? It looked too low to have flexed back, but you can't really see in this video.

I also found it interesting that you took the hyzer on 3 instead of a right turning putter toss. That wide hyzer lane seems a lot lower percentage than anything you would put up the middle.

The other thing of note would be laying up before the creek on what I believe is 4. Is the circle a tough shot for you to range on that hole, or was that a course management decision?

I would think you'd juice a mid and pull a huge hyzer out and around the right fairway tree. I know there's one tree over there on the far side of the creek, but I can't remember if there's much else that could obstruct your 2nd shot.
The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:15 am
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: some randomness

Postby Dr. Burd » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:06 pm

After taking another look, I realized that you did choose a line out to the right of that tree on 4. I'm still wondering why you didn't push it over the creek...it's almost the same shot, just another 80 ft or so.
The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:15 am
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Favorite Disc: Teebird

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest