iPhone Covers...

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

iPhone Covers...

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:06 pm

I drank the iphone kool-aid and bought one...for those who have one, what sort of cover did you get and what did it set you back?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Re: iPhone Covers...

Postby dgdave » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Why didn't you wait a couple weeks and get the G4?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:08 pm

I have an Otterbox. I'll have to look at which one it is. It's got rubber corners and a hard plastic wrap.
http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-cases/ip ... uter-case/

I love it. It's not bulky and thick like the other otter box ones. I've dropped it in DIRT on the DG course before and i just had to wipe the screen clean.
I've gone thru about 3 cheaper chases before this one, and it's well worth the money. I don't like ones with full plastic on the corners because my girlfriend dropped hers with a case like that, and cracked the screen.
I think the one I have was about $30 when I got it.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Solty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:10 pm

i use a regular iFrogz....nothing special...otterbox FTW!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:12 pm

dgdave wrote:Why didn't you wait a couple weeks and get the G4?

cost....I got my wife and I 3g's for 49 bucks each...they'll be fine
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby mark12b » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:00 pm

casecrown slider, like eight bucks. sanded off the flashing for a smooth feel.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Lithicon » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm using an Incipio, it's similar to the Otterbox. I'm not sure which I'd like better. But, I love the Incipio.

This is the one I have currently. I think I would like this better as the silicone cover is more exposed and gives it a nice feel. But, offers great drop protection all around from the hard plastic cover still. Just enough protection, and lots of comfort. This also keeps it from being slick and slippery, while retaining comfort of the silicone. I've had my case nearly two years and it's help up nicely. But, I recently broke on of the corners of the hard case. It still functions without that corner.

*edit* I should also note that with this one I have, it comes with two colors of silicone covers, mine is white and a black. Not sure if they're offering other colors in this one. And, it comes with a micro fiber screen cleaner. The entire set was $45 I think, it's probably cheaper now. I'm not sure on the prices of the others. It was well worth it to me, I've never had any damage done to my iPhone while using this cover.

This I believe is their newest design, much like the Otterbox. I think I still like mine better for the reasons I stated above.
Predator - OLF - Cyclone
Roc Kool-Aid
Dart
------------------
Lithicon
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Dart

Postby dgdave » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:01 am

I use these on all my phones. I think they are the best case if you aren't using them in ultra rugged conditions. They don't add much bulk, feel very comfortable, and protect great.

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr3yiph3g-bk.htm

"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Dogma » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 am

I have an ipod touch (no at&t service here) but I carry it all the time. I tried quite a few cases and ended up using a silicone case from Incase. Very low profile, grippy without being sticky, doesn't peel off the way cheap silicone ones do. Feels more like hard rubber than flexy silicone. Still looks new after a year of use, and has protected the iTouch from more than one drop. Comes in ten colors. Hard to find in stores, although I did see one at Best Buy once. Can order from their website. They charge too much for shipping, but it's still worth it. http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59161/1
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:04 am

If I go to the Apple store, will I find multiple options or will they sell a particular "apple approved" one?
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am

Odd are you wont find any of these shown in this thread at the AT&T store.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Lithicon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:13 am

I'd say it depends. The Incipio cover I have was sold at my At&t dealer, they had a few others. But, they were mostly just silicone covers. I really like the Silicone+hard case together. The Silicone provides shock resistance when dropped, but is easily damage. The hard case keeps the silicone from taking damage, while the silicone absorbs shock from the ground and hard case. I'd suggest one with both.
Predator - OLF - Cyclone
Roc Kool-Aid
Dart
------------------
Lithicon
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Dart

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 am

Lithicon wrote:I'd say it depends. The Incipio cover I have was sold at my At&t dealer, they had a few others. But, they were mostly just silicone covers. I really like the Silicone+hard case together. The Silicone provides shock resistance when dropped, but is easily damage. The hard case keeps the silicone from taking damage, while the silicone absorbs shock from the ground and hard case. I'd suggest one with both.

I have no idea why I did not think of going to the ATT store?
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby some call me...tim? » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:57 am

mark12b wrote:casecrown slider, like eight bucks. sanded off the flashing for a smooth feel.

dude, just skip it across some pavement a few times, let that shit wear in naturally!
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:42 pm

For Thin and durable, this is my vote:

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Vulcan/Vulcan.php

I own it and the Capsule Rebel M. I really want to try out the Nude from them too but I might be getting the next phone so it may not happen. The Capsule Rebel was a really cool and stylin' case but the rib cage is a tiny bit fragile, I broke one of the "ribs" off trying to put the case on my phone for the first time. They wouldn't replace it either, I was pretty pissed about that. Still, its one baaaaaad looking case that does protect your phone moderately well. If you really want protection though, you can't beat the otterbox.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.