Recipes for the Grilll!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Recipes for the Grilll!

Postby Solty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:17 pm

I'm a huge fan of cooking on the grill. So while watching tv the past few weeks while working at nite...i snag ideas...

Bleu Cheese Burgers.
- take your ground beef...and mix in a handful of crumbled Bleu cheese and then once the burger is done....top of with some more. (i modified one i found online)

Inside-out burgers - i snagged this recipe
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dine ... index.html

Both came out stellar! The Bleu was legit!!!!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Re: Recipes for the Grilll!

Postby jubuttib » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:16 pm

This is definitely my favorite recipe:

1. Buy some meat.

2. Fire up the grill.

3. Cook the meat.

4. Eat the meat.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby xeroxed44 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Solty wrote: take your ground beef...and mix in a handful of crumbled Bleu cheese and then once the burger is done....top of with some more. (i modified one i found online)

Something I tried on the grill a couple weeks ago very similar to this idea.... Ground Turkey mixed with crumbled Feta cheese and Famous Dave's (chain restaurant) burger seasoning. Very good on the palate.
Destroyer-JLS-XxX/FB-Roc-Fuse-Wizard

80/20...fh/bh
xeroxed44
Noob

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:43 pm

cook asparagus on grill in olive oil and salt for a delicious side.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Solty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:cook asparagus on grill in olive and salt for a delicious side.

oh yes! be sure to split the thicker ends so they cook properly.
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Also grilled peaches, two ways.

Savory:

Ingredients

3 tablespoons white sugar
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons freshly ground black peppercorns
2 large fresh peaches with peel, halved and pitted
2 1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Directions

In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the white sugar, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Simmer until liquid has reduced by one half. It should become slightly thicker. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Place peaches on the prepared grill, cut side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the flesh is caramelized. Turn peaches over. Brush the top sides with the balsamic glaze, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer the peach halves to individual serving dishes, and drizzle with remaining glaze. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.

Sweet:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup rum (preferably dark rum)
8 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and halved

Instructions:

Melt butter, then stir in brown sugar and rum. Stir until sugar dissolves. Place peach halves in a large bowl. Pour butter/rum mixture over peaches and stir gently to coat. Grill peaches over a medium fire, about 5 minutes per side, brushing with leftover butter mixture as they grill.

Stole both of them from the internet a while ago and have been making them ever since. Freaking tasty as hell.
Frank Delicious

Postby Monocacy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:Melt butter, then stir in brown sugar and rum. Stir until sugar dissolves. Place peach halves in a large bowl. Pour butter/rum mixture over peaches and stir gently to coat. Grill peaches over a medium fire, about 5 minutes per side, brushing with leftover butter mixture as they grill.

Frank, we do something similar with grilled pineapple (butter, sugar, ground cinnamon, ground cloves). I like the idea of adding rum!

Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Monocacy wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:Melt butter, then stir in brown sugar and rum. Stir until sugar dissolves. Place peach halves in a large bowl. Pour butter/rum mixture over peaches and stir gently to coat. Grill peaches over a medium fire, about 5 minutes per side, brushing with leftover butter mixture as they grill.

Frank, we do something similar with grilled pineapple (butter, sugar, ground cinnamon, ground cloves). I like the idea of adding rum!

I've done pineapples and poached pears with the same recipe and it has worked out really well.

I actually fixed the family's dinner tonight completely on the grill. 2 blue cheese burgers, 2 cheddar and bacon burgers, corn on the cob, asparagus, and baked beans.

p.s that pineapple looks good.
Frank Delicious

Postby Roy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:cook asparagus on grill in olive oil and salt for a delicious side.

Right on the grates or do you put them in something?
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Roy wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:cook asparagus on grill in olive oil and salt for a delicious side.

Right on the grates or do you put them in something?

I used to use just a basket made out of aluminum foil but now I picked up one of those pans with holes in it (seen below) and have been using it to much success.

Frank Delicious

Postby Monocacy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks, Frank. Yeah, in the summer we also do a lot of grilled meat + grilled vegetable dinners.

Roy, a holey pan is nice to have for grilling asparagus or other vegetables, but we usually cook right on the grill grate. Either way works.

Here are a few other family favorites. Don’t encourage me, though – I have a crapload of food pictures.

Slipper burgers – ground meat (lamb, beef, buffalo, etc.) mixed with chopped onion, garlic, chilies, ginger, cilantro, cumin, cayenne, black pepper, and ground coriander seeds, chilled and then grilled.

Vietnamese five-spice chicken, one of my absolute favorite things to shove in my mouth.
Recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Five-Spice-Chicken-105523

Grilled char siu pork. Marinate strips of pork butt overnight with five-spice powder, hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, black soy sauce, sugar, and Shaoxing wine. Dip the pork in the marinade every few minutes while grilling to develop a caramelized crust. Eat as is, or slice and serve as a filling for banh mi (hollowed-out baguette sandwich filled with any or all of liver pate, carrot-daikon pickle, mayonnaise, Maggi seasoning, cilantro, and thinly-sliced cucumbers and jalapeno chiles).

Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Parks » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:45 am

Do you also cook... delicious franks?@!!?!?

Holy shit I'm funny.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:31 am

Cubing smaller red or finger potatoes, giving them a light coat of oil, salt and pepper and then putting them in a grill basket on medium/high (for propane) heat for a half hour or so makes a really good side.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby dgdave » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:36 pm

I am attempting my first brine tonight. Got some thick pork chops and they're soaking in a nice brine right now. Also got some veg merinating for some kabobs and some corn on the cob. Mmmmm....
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:47 am

I'm thinking I'ma swoop this up:
22.5" Webber One Touch Gold

Anybody have any experience with this guy? Good purchase? I have a $75 gift certificate to Lowes burning a hole in my pocket and shit I wanna cook on the grill. My current grill is rusted through and out of commish.

O and Monocacy, all the food you posted looks absolutely blaze. I am going to try the grilled pineapple, burgers with tons of stuffs inside and five spice chicken shortly after procuring the grill.

Side note, made me some channa masala last night using alot of whole spices (instead of pre ground) and it was some of the best food I've ever made. Served it over some saffron rice, WOW. Anybody else cook Indian? Any ideas how to cook it semi-frequently and avoid lingering curry smell? If not I don't really care, smell is worth it cuz the flavor is all there.

Happy Tuesday!

EDIT: Hot damn I'm glad DGR is working well on my firefox/safari now!
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.