0%
X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Earl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 pm

I throw a fresh Z Buzzz for stable throws and a seasoned ESP Buzzz for slight turnovers/hyzerflips. I especially enjoy hyzerflipping my ESP Buzzz and watching it fly like a laser between the trees. Watching the flight of this disc is what got me hooked on disc golf.

The Buzzz, however, is sneaky long. The Buzzz flies so well that it tends to penetrate too far. Sometimes I'll throw the Buzzz on a rope right toward the basket and I'll just barely miss...and then the Buzzz will keep going and land 50 ft. past the basket. My home course has lots of long holes, so I appreciate the extra distance, but some basket placements have no room for error if a shot goes long. For these situations, I try to throw my Wizard instead.

I'm thinking about buying a D Buzzz for those throws that have no room for error past the basket. I think if I can really beat up a D Buzzz I can power down my throw and have more touch and still get that sexy-straight flightpath. Has anyone else noticed their Buzzz blowing by the basket too far? Is it just me?
The secret to life is that there is no secret; this is the secret we keep from ourselves.
Wraith-Predator-Teebird-Leopard-Buzzz-Comet-Wizard
Earl
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Predator

Postby DPJ88 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Spinach D wrote:Funny, I live in SW MPLS but I've never played Staring.

Also funny, I throw my Meteor more than my (very stable) Z Buzzz. The combo is quite nice. Its the best I've felt about mids since the D Wasp went OOP.

Meteors are solid mids. I used to carry one, but I found that what I could do with a Meteor, I could do fairly will with a Buzzz.

I also had a seasoned Z Buzzz that I had spent a lot of time on and really flew similar to my Meteor. But alas, that is the one I left on hole 16 of Bryant lake.

So I may put the Meteor back in the bag until I season one of these 2 buzzzes I have now.
Pred - Orc - EagleX - River - Wasp - Buzzz - Fuse - Challenger
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby superdrive » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 am

Just lost my straith Roc and I've been lurking here for no reason at all :D

Beat Roc was great, but it takes too long to get them there and that bead doesn't feel that great for FH shots. I throw ~50/50 BH and FH. Also have been testing Fuse...

I throw Pures consistently 230-240 FH and 270-280 BH and Rocs a little longer, mostly slight hyzers or flat and prefer lower lines. Thats what Buzzzezzz are for, right?

Also would glo and Z work together out of the box or is there overlap?
superdrive
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby bill » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:13 am

DPJ88 wrote:Meteors are solid mids. I used to carry one, but I found that what I could do with a Meteor, I could do fairly will with a Buzzz.

i can get a anny line with my meteor with minimal effort, right out of the box. it takes a little focus to do it with my seasoned z buzz and i'll still get just a bit of fade at the end where as the meteor will just keep gliding to the right.

but i had a beat x buzz that could do alll things a meteor could do, maybe not as long. lost of course.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby JackMontana » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:22 am

superdrive wrote:Also would glo and Z work together out of the box or is there overlap?

Completely overlapped, IMO

I differ from many who've commented on this thread in that I find no significant differences across ESP, FLX and Z plastics. My FLX is 1.5 years old, heavily used, with a dome that has collapsed slightly; it flies nearly identical to my brand new Z, and 1 year old ESP. The Buzzz is a notably consistent disc across runs and plastics (at least partially responsible for its success). Perhaps it's b/c I've never thrown one of the magical bar stamps, 2FR's, or other coveted Buzzz runs to know the difference.

J
WraithTBLeoBuzzzWiz
JackMontana
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby discspeed » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 am

Earl wrote: Has anyone else noticed their Buzzz blowing by the basket too far? Is it just me?

When this happens it is probably because you are throwing a Buzzz that is still too stable for the shot. You have to throw it a certain speed to hold straight, and that speed takes it past the basket.

I've been throwing Buzzzes forever and I very rarely notice this issue unless I'm throwing a new one that happens to carry a little farther than the one I was used to. Once I learn the disc I no longer have this issue.

I also choose a putter more than a Buzzz for straight shots under 280' due to the advantage of their slowness when approaching the basket.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Unity » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:41 am

superdrive wrote:Also would glo and Z work together out of the box or is there overlap?

There is definitely overlap until you start to break them in (which takes quite a bit of time). My broken in Z is a little longer than my slightly worked Glos, but the Glos still take straighter lines and are more wind resistant.
[Ion] [Zone] [Fuse] [Buzzz] [XXX] [PD] [Destroyer]
Unity
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby mzoro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:50 pm

should be getting my order from marshall st. fri or sat! picked up 3 buzzz, (2esp and 1Z) also ordered up a z comet for a understable compliment until the buzzz gets worn in.

does anyone have a buzzz and comet in there bag? i figure a worn buzzz will eventually push out the comet.
sidewindersPDpredatorFDkcROCchallenger
mzoro
Noob

Favorite Disc: leopard

Postby mzoro » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 pm

got my buzzz order from Marshall St yesterday and took them to the field for practice. i expected the z to come flat, but my esp's came pretty flat compared to the tourney stamp that i have been throwing. so i was a little worried taking them to the field. i found no difference after a 1 hour throw session. in fact, i found that i could stretch them out past 250', which i've never been able to do with my ROCs. the Buzzz seems to handle full power better then my ROCs did.

the comet didn't do anything for me. think i need to spend a little more time with it.
sidewindersPDpredatorFDkcROCchallenger
mzoro
Noob

Favorite Disc: leopard

Postby longneck » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:43 pm

comet
longneck
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: buzz

Postby juju » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:48 pm

longneck wrote:comet

Vomit
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:52 pm

I got two super tasty buzzzs at am nats today. Discraft wasn't even sure what to charge me because they are like a mix of esp and z. You can kind of see through them but they are real grippy like esp.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby juju » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Here's my Buzzz stash:

-8 first runs (3 used, no you can't have them)
-4 2nd first runs (one used...meh, they ain't the same)
-3 Midnight Z (the best Buzzz ever made...too bad its black)
-5 early run wasp mold (meh, never needed to throw em)
-3 Holiday X (these are pretty sweet...never thrown them though)
-2 first run X...DGLO stamp (how do they work)
-2 first run D (AAA3 stamp...CT challenger plastic)

Might have to start throwing this mold again...
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Spinach D » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 am

I'm curious what weights people prefer with the Buzzz. Until two nights ago I only had a 177 Z Buzzz. I threw a lot of good shots with it, but I had some issues with it slipping out early (used to deeper Rocs and Wasps) and not getting as much snap as I would like.

Someone gave me a new 170 Z Buzzz two nights ago and I'm having better results with it. It is still very stable, but I can snap it better and I've had less slip on hyzers. 168 - 170 is about the weight of my drivers so I think this is the right move. A 173 Meteor is now the heaviest non-putter in my bag.
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Aubin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 am

i used to use mostly heavier buzzz's and mids in general, but on a whim i picked up a 168g Z buzzz and it is REALLY nice.... close to fairway driver distance and still plenty stable. I too use 168-170g drivers and having a mid in that range is working out well.
ChallengerMagnetCometTeebirdsDestroyersPredator
Aubin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: APX

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment