Looking for some critique

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Looking for some critique

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:21 am

JR wrote:To quote Ken Climo keep your head turned as close to the target as you can and the eyes at the right corner so that you see the target as early as possible. That's for long drives. For approach drives don't break eye contact with the target at all.

yeah I this is probably the thing I struggle with the most. I focus a lot on my form and get pretty mental. I tend to forget to turn watch my target. I can feel a big difference when I remember to keep the eye on target or at least when I get my head turned back for the split second before I try to hit it. The second the disc is coming out I know its on target.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 am

as for drills on this, that's a tough one. i haven't found a perfect drill yet except to try to get people to think about the throw differently.

one thing you might try is starting with some upshot practice from like 100-150'. start off trying to park it from that distance and gradually dial up the power until you are overthrowing the target range but keeping your throw "feeling almost identical" to the 125' range.

on your upshots you were hitting like 75% efficiency. on your drives it was more like 45%. 45% is better than most, but if you brought that up to 75% you'd be looking at another 60' or so on your long drives.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby zj1002 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 am

Actually that was part of my plan. I wanted to work on my upshot/midrange game for my upcoming tournament. there are 7-8 holes where you have to hit birdies if you want to win. I know the lines but I wanted to have 100% confidence going into them. I will try that and slowly ramp it up.

So should I just use putters/mids, or slowly move up to drivers? I would assume try like 50-100 throws at each distance to build some memory
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:53 am

i wouldn't worry about it. it's more important to make your 90% throw be closer in timing to your 50% throw.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby zj1002 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Ok I understand that
zj1002
metroid cannon

Previous

Return to Video Critique