So I'm pretty sure I snapped my ankle...

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

So I'm pretty sure I snapped my ankle...

Postby Cavere » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:16 pm

So on my third round of the day I started off pretty well, birdied the first three holes and tied off on the fourth. I release and on the follow throw my pivot foot came off the pad caught on a rock and rolled under my body with a nice little crack. If it's looking like crap tomorrow I'll go get xrays.
katana--Boss--Surge--Orc--Monster--Roadrunner--Eagle--Buzz--FR Ion
subject to change almost each and every day!
Cavere
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: So I'm pretty sure I snapped my ankle...

Postby JR » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:14 am

Take care. My doc said that I'll have aches after hard training after ten years from my ankle damage. My advice is to squeeze out a training regimen out the doctor with info about when to start training and how hard and how fast to ramp up the stressing of the exercise.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: So I'm pretty sure I snapped my ankle...

Postby Cavere » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:21 am

Yeah I'm about to head to the hospital to get some xrays. If it weren't for the cracking sound I heard I'd probably go buy an aircast and walk it off. Looks like soon I'll be forced into the right pec drill :D
katana--Boss--Surge--Orc--Monster--Roadrunner--Eagle--Buzz--FR Ion
subject to change almost each and every day!
Cavere
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury