0%
X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby DPJ88 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Aubin wrote:i used to use mostly heavier buzzz's and mids in general, but on a whim i picked up a 168g Z buzzz and it is REALLY nice.... close to fairway driver distance and still plenty stable. I too use 168-170g drivers and having a mid in that range is working out well.

My new pearly blue Z is a 169, and it glides very well. quite the impressive disc. I may prefer this to my heavier buzzz's as well.
Pred - Orc - EagleX - River - Wasp - Buzzz - Fuse - Challenger
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby mattw » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:14 pm

I am enjoying the Buzzz. I use a couple of Z at 174 and and X at 174. I am having problems getting anhyzer shots to hold since all my buzzzes are pretty new. I was wondering if I drop down to a lighter Buzzz maybe 160 to 165 would that make it easier to get those anhyzer shots to hold. My concern is that since it will take a while for the Z and X to break in I will be SOL until that happens. I could add a comet or fuse but would like to keep things simple.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Option 1 Buy a D buzzz play a hole round with just it (don't hold back in the trees) ta da! a buzzz that will hold annys.

Option 2 Release with more anhyzer.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:13 pm

So with pro D wasps getting discontinued, I just got a couple buzzz's in trade to mess with and (re)decide how I like my buzzz's, as I have not thrown them in about 3 years.
In order of stability, I used to throw a Old Z, 1st run, and 2 X buzzz. This whas when Old Z was the newest run.
Now I have a 173-77 Crystal, a 177+ X and a newest run 176. T
The X is my favorite out of the three. It holds a line really well and flys slower. Also has some more glide although heavier. Distance on multiple lines was the same for all 3. The X held its line better, while the Crystal had the most predictable fade. The new run had the most fade, and fought a wind almost as well as a fairly new X wasp.
I had forgotten how easy it is to throw buzzz's far. They were flying shots in the range I would often throw an XL on similar lines. Makes me wonder if I need to re consider my fairway driver? Not yet, they aren't that long. I think I will probably get a small stack of similar X buzzz's and maybe another 1 or 2 new ones and start beating them all in. Not sure if the crystal will make it into my bag anytime soon, although it was great on a straight line. (but what buzzz isnt?)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:29 am

The x's hold the best line for me as well. I keep a z in there for a quicker moving lower shot or one with more hyzer. One of my favorite discs is my really beat x buzzz.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Spinach D » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote: I had forgotten how easy it is to throw buzzz's far. They were flying shots in the range I would often throw an XL on similar lines. Makes me wonder if I need to re consider my fairway driver?

It has taken some getting used to, but the more I throw it, the less I throw TeeBirds.
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Spinach D » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:03 pm

mattw wrote:I am enjoying the Buzzz. I use a couple of Z at 174 and and X at 174. I am having problems getting anhyzer shots to hold since all my buzzzes are pretty new. I was wondering if I drop down to a lighter Buzzz maybe 160 to 165 would that make it easier to get those anhyzer shots to hold. My concern is that since it will take a while for the Z and X to break in I will be SOL until that happens. I could add a comet or fuse but would like to keep things simple.

Moving from a 177 to 170 definately helped me. Still, you really have to snap the Buzzz to get it to hold the anny.
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zenn9 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I run with a Fly-Dye X Buzzz. I thought the Z / FLX just looked too flat but now I'll likely get one after my X takes a beating.
Drivers - Lat 64: Riot, Vision, and River. Ching Velocity Supreme & Powerline. Innova Champ Wraith.
Mid-Range - Buzzz and Fuse,
Putters - MVP medium Ion's.
zenn9
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz / MVP Ion

Postby DPJ88 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:56 pm

So.. I got me a 169, pearly blue, new run Z buzzz

It is super gummy and flies pretty amazing.

So today I went and got another :)

Same color, same weight, same foil on the stamp. I love it, they fly identical, and the proshop has one or two more. I could stock up on this specific run/color/weight and be happy for a longgggg time
Pred - Orc - EagleX - River - Wasp - Buzzz - Fuse - Challenger
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby superdrive » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:48 am

Loving 175 glo. Great grip and OOTB stability. Wants more...
superdrive
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby TheCarGuy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:33 am

Question for Discspeed....................I have a Z Buzz with a sweet die job from Chain Reaction that has a removed 2004 World Doubles stamp on it and Wasp on the inner rim. It looks to be an opaqueish green color on the parts that are not died. What Buzz run is this? Thanks!
TheCarGuy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzz

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:45 am

Sounds like a second run to me.
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Booter » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm

bump for the slow one who doesn't know how to search before making new threads about existing topics.

...btw. I love my buzzz!!!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:25 pm

One of the best unwritten rules here (or perhaps it's written down somewhere, I don't know...) is that we don't go around creating new threads all the time if the subject already has one.

Oh yeah, Buzzz. I definitely really, really, really like them, but I'm not putting them in the bag. I already have my favorite multipurpose mid (that's already starting to phase out the Meteor too...) and the other one is better in headwinds than the Buzzzes I've thrown.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JimW » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Mostly just using X Buzzzes these days. I don't really have the power to need a Z for the extra stability.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment