400 watts of pure power

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 400 watts of pure power

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:41 pm

get fine grit (500 or more) sandpaper and give that bitch a nice even sanding.......or go buy some etching cream
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby whridlsoncestood » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Ok so I used it over the weekend. My vinyl gets way too warm to cut after a bit and just starts tearing and becoming a goopy mess. I think I need to downsize the bulbs to start and add an exhaust fan to pull the heat out. I did about 4 dyes this weekend and I rushed them and lost inspiration half way through some of them. I will get some pictures up in a bit

I will get out my palm sander too and see how that helps.
whridlsoncestood
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Valkarie

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Owned.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby whridlsoncestood » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Sorry all these pictures are sideways. Photobucket keeps uploading them like that for some reason and the editor on the site is taking too long. I also note the Oracal 641 I ordered leaves a shit ton of residue on the discs when I remove it and it is a pain in the ass to remedy that between dips and it does affect the disc taking dye. Should i have not got 641?

Quick and easy to try out the box
Hieroglyphics logo. Huge Del the Funky Homosapien fan

Then a waste of a white canvas. This one overheated bad on the tracing table. And to top it off my suction cup apparently had some black dye on it and it bled into the disc.

This disc I got sick of losing in the woods

And the blue parts of the waves were already stamped gold so I couldn't make them blue so I did this so I could find it.

My next prince dye came out lousy because I failed to make my outline lines wide enough. I would of been happy with it otherwise.

whridlsoncestood
Noob

Postby ChUcK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Nice xacto skills, brutha.

I don't think you need to install a fan in your lightbox- two bulbs of smaller wattage mixed with a frosted surface should reduce the heat enough. Can you cut vents in the side of the box?

I mean seriously- my tracing table has just one teeny flourescent and it is plenty light for me to trace with, even with my overhead kitchen light on.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby ChUcK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Oh, and paint the insides of the box with a semi-gloss white. Or high-gloss, not sure if necessary though.

I gotta say that I really like the DIY stuff. I am working on converting a 9" embroidery hoop into an image-centering apparatus. I'll start a new thread if it works out.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby whridlsoncestood » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Nice I usually end up tracing the disc I am dyeing onto the image and then onto the vinyl and I have had good results so far. Lots of guidelines and a steady eye. Interested to see your apparatus.

I did bulb down to some 60's and it dropped the temp a lot. I have a few other ideas that I will get to when I have time.

Picked up a yellow star aviar driver and it had hand banana written all over it. My black lines were nice and crisp but some how when I dipped the red after it kinda of blurred the line between red and black. Still happy with it tho. Another simple dye.

I picture him saying "Tonight. You." to the basket.

whridlsoncestood
Noob

Previous

Return to Disc Artwork