St Louis DG in late August!

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

St Louis DG in late August!

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:11 pm

My buddy and I are real close to sealing the deal on a St. Louis trip from Memphis on August 22nd. That is a Sunday. We will be going to the Rush concert that evening but we will be arriving in town quite early (9:30) because we want to do a 3-course Dg event in your town. On a recent trip, I played JB and really enjoyed it but I know there is more...my question is twofold: other than JB, what two courses MUST we play while we are there? Would any of you DGReview guys like to meet us for a round....obviously looking for cool guys who can enjoy a round and not act like a loser.....talk to me!
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Re: St Louis DG in late August!

Postby jnecessary » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:43 pm

In a hotel in St. Louis right now, eager to play some DG in the morning. We are going to Endicott and JB because of time constraints but I was told that Sioux Passage is the best in the area so that would be the three I would play if I had the opportunity to get a 3rd in. Heading to Memphis tomorrow night. Playing Bud Hill Sunday morning before the doubles league and then another course...something something East.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Rush will be playing at the Riverport (sold my soul to Verizon Wireless) Amphitheater which puts you 5 minutes from Creve Coeur. Creve Coeur is flat and long and lightly wooded AKA not great. It also tends not to be mowed. You might keep it in your back pocket as a place to go if you get out of whack on time.

The obvious three-course run would be to go to Rocksrping Park in Alton, IL, then down to Sioux Passage and over to Endicott. Those would be the top three courses aside from JB in the area IMO.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:49 am

good stuff.....I will do some research on the course in IL and get back w you guys....

JMnecessary...what did you think of the courses here in Mempho?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jnecessary » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 am

We went to Bud Hill Sunday morning and Danny and Barbara we so nice and welcoming we just stayed there to play another round in the Sunday singles tourney. It was a great experience and I will be making the trip back sometime when Iowa winter sucks a bit too much
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am

Danny and Barbara are top notch folks....I got 1st place in the Ice BOwl out there a few months back....PLease keep in touch when you comwe down next ...I bet you got to play w some rednecks on Sunday :)
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:13 am

Working Stiff wrote:Rush will be playing at the Riverport (sold my soul to Verizon Wireless) Amphitheater which puts you 5 minutes from Creve Coeur. Creve Coeur is flat and long and lightly wooded AKA not great. It also tends not to be mowed. You might keep it in your back pocket as a place to go if you get out of whack on time.

The obvious three-course run would be to go to Rocksrping Park in Alton, IL, then down to Sioux Passage and over to Endicott. Those would be the top three courses aside from JB in the area IMO.

will be trying to chart this out over the next day or two....how far over the bridge is the one in Alton, IL? I assume the only place to cross over is downtown? Also, I would love to hear more from other St. Louis locals about this trio of courses..do I end up near the ampitheater if our last stop is at Endicott?
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 am

from a quick mapping of the courses, it appears that the best route coming in from Mempho is to continue north all the way to rockspring in Alton, come back by Sioux passage (which appears to be fairly close to rockspring), swing down to Endicott and then further south to the Verizon center for the concert.....any input?
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:37 am

Has great time in St. Louis this weekend...Played JB, Sioux and Endicott. Sioux was totally epic....I have never thrown elevated shots like those and I played them well. A nicee workout, too! Endicott was nice but we were a little tired. I was reaching for my Meteor a lot during that round. Great courses...
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jnecessary » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 am

Agree, that is a great trio for a tiring day of golf! When I went it was Endicott, SP, then JB, struggled through Sioux because we did it in the middle the day and it was scorching hot!

How many did you throw on that hole (13?) that goes way down hill from the elevated tee? I probably tossed 8-10 LOL! Too hard to pass up seeing discs fly like that
--My PDGA--My Trade List
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:49 am

we didn't empty the bag because we were in a hurry but I threw both my ND Surge and my Z Nuke......I had a about a 50 Putt w the nuke and missed
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JHern » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 pm

I'll be in St Louis around Thanksgiving to visit some of my family. Hopefully the weather isn't too ornery to allow me to sample some of these courses. In that region, I've only played Creve Coeur, which was partly flooded due to heavy rain (there were even live fish on the fairways).
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to Courses