Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 am

I'm about to start a Louisiana Euro forum. Solty, the guy that set up and is hosting my own website is gonna set me up with something.
After going to a nice lil meet south of Houston a few weeks ago, a few of us Louisiana people decided that there really isn't a group for us to post on other than the regional forums at VwVortex. We thought about just VW/Audis, but realized there isn't enough people to warrant a forums just for us. So we decided to expand to all Euros.

You guys got any suggestions for names or anything? We were thinking of something with a cool design of a splattered/torn up Fleur de lis and something with a mixture of LA, EURO, Autobahn. Or a combo of words like LA EuroBahn.
it's all up in the air right now.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Ordered my rims 10 minutes ago.
I'll be anxiously awaiting em. Not only cuz I wanna put em on, but also because I need new tires damnit!
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:59 am

Where the hell the Dub ppl went?
I got my forum up! Solty did an awesome job of setting it up and helping to work out the kinks. Most of it is pretty smooth so far. Just waiting on some locals from VwVortex to come over and register.
http://www.fleurobahn.com
It's an LA forum mainly for all Euros, but for now we're starting out with just Vdubs. Later on I'll see how it grows and start to invite all euros if they come and seem interested.

I got my rims this weekend as well. Wasn't my first choice, but I was forced to choose something else because they didn't have my bolt pattern in the T.I. wheels that I wanted. So I went with these Tenzos. I originally wanted charcoal and I was going to put on a smaller red stripe. But once again, Oh no, we don't have those either...
Got the factory red striped ones? Yes... I'll take em.
THe red stands out a LOT, I wanted it to be a little more subtle, but I still like em.

Now I just need to decide on drop struts/shocks to go with the 2" coils I have sitting in my living room... Or go all out and get a whole coil over kit. I'm hearing plenty of pros for both sides, but I don't think I need the full functionality of adjustable coil overs. And I can't quite justify the price yet. We shall see.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby overdubbed » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Lookin good.. i'm thinking about buying new wheels too.. just gotta finish the big turbo first... then maybe try and sell my 2 other sets of wheels.. prolly gonna buy bbs ch's..
overdubbed
Noob

Favorite Disc: core

Postby chainbanger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Check out megan racing coilovers. I have a set of those on my 92 eclipse. If you dont mind a stiffer ride they are great for the price.
I need your new old stock JLS'S
chainbanger
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:03 pm

overdubbed wrote:Lookin good.. i'm thinking about buying new wheels too.. just gotta finish the big turbo first... then maybe try and sell my 2 other sets of wheels.. prolly gonna buy bbs ch's..

We got a guy on Vortex that's moving to Colorado soon and is trying to sell some BBSs
BBS RK 18" wheels 5x114 bolt pattern 600$ + shipping obo

I looked up the RKs and wasn't really feeling it. I wanted more of a mesh wheel with more spokes
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby overdubbed » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm running eibach prostreet coilovers... they're good, but nothing performs as good as a good spring/strut combo.. or you can just bag it on some bagyards and call it a day...
overdubbed
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm really not game for bagging. Too much modding for something I'll never really need and I dont plan on slamming it.
I got these 2" Vogtland coils when I got the car because I read handfuls of people were running them with stock shocks and doing fine. But the more I read the more I hesitated to put them on.

I decided on a full coil over kit, but a tech at a VW/Audi shop in Baton Rouge is posting on Vortex telling me that I should just go with some drop coils/struts and put the springs that I have on em. It'll give me a little stiffer ride, drop it, at considerably less price. Because I don't plan on autocrossing my car or really doing anything that hardcore other than a couple more mods.

Suggestions? I'm completely willing to dish out for a full coil over kit, but when I can achieve the drop look at half the price, and still get a little bit of better handling from it I'll consider it. I don't want it to be slammed either.
Is 2" too much for daily driving? After measuring the gap, I saw that 2" was perfect to line the tire with the lip of the fender in the front, but the back would tuck it in a little.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chainbanger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

for a daily my thoughts are that it would be to low. with just springs the ride would be bouncy as all get out. I quit driving my dsm after 6 months with it slammed. But i have no wheel gap and a new evo x for a daily driver now. :D
chainbanger
Tree Magnet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Yeah I'm thinking that people with just springs that are saying the ride is ok are just dealing with it because they'd rather the look more than having a comfortable daily driver. I can deal with a little bit of stiffness in the name of performance, but I don't wanna drop it so low that I'm worried about cracking my oil pan just pulling out of my apartment complex.
I'll either look for a 1.5" coil/shock kit, or hold out for a Koni Coilover set.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chainbanger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:59 pm

not only smacking the bottom of the car but you also have to take speed bumps at like -5 mph and at a huge angle to get over it. That got annoying fast.
chainbanger
Tree Magnet

Postby overdubbed » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Bilstein shocks, h&r springs, 1.5" drop.. probably one of the best handling combos for the price
overdubbed
Noob

Postby Thommie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 pm

brandon and i finally got the audi s4 running... again... X3....dick..shut up brandon...
so pulls pretty hard in 2nd-3rd gear brandon almost swallowed his tongue.. and i basically shit my pants... looking forward to the correct tune/ fueling for this monster!!! easily 450-470 awhp
i've hit the chains 16 times on a teeshot. Ask me how many aces i have.
Thommie
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Elite-Z buzz

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 am

Jesus christ. That's quite the build up.
After being in the scene for a little while, I want an MK1 or 2 now to build up. I'm not too familiar with all the different motors, but it makes me wanna make a super light beast of a car for a project on the side.
At first I wasn't a big fan of the older models, but after seeing some done right it really grew on me. Real "Old School".
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thommie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 am

supercharger time... lysholm supercharger!!!!!!! p.s. i like the wheels
i've hit the chains 16 times on a teeshot. Ask me how many aces i have.
Thommie
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Elite-Z buzz

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.