What am I still doing wrong?

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What am I still doing wrong?

Postby maxarinkel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZyXobyT9eo

So this is the form that I'm pretty ok with right now. It's repeatable, accurate, and not stressing my knees or anything, but I'm to the point where I honestly don't know what to tweak. I feel like I'm getting the disc really close to my body and have good wrist extension. I'm getting consistent, audible snap on basically all my discs, but still can't really break 420 with any real consistency. I'm trying too damn hard in this video, but I'd been playing all day and was just tired and trying to get some stuff on film. What I can see is that I still need to get my shoulders squared to the basket faster, and that I'm coming off my chest with the disc too quickly, but I have a hard time thinking that is the only difference between 420 and 600. I have a slight nose-up problem as well, but that may end up being permanent due to my arthritis and carpal tunnel in my wrists. Anyway, any help you can offer would be great. Thanks!

Oh and for the record the discs are teebirds, a leopard, and two destroyers on anhyzer d lines. I really only use them for fieldwork. I get way more control from my TBs.
maxarinkel
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: What am I still doing wrong?

Postby elnino » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:30 pm

First off things look good. I might edit out the first min where you aren't throwing and maybe have someone hold up the camera to see your entire runup and throw head toes...and i would throw regular flat rips instead of distance anny's...they go far but hard to use on anything but a wide open course.

the throws:
great snap btw
the reach back looks a little early but hard to tell since you can't see the entire runup but i think hit your plant foot and then reach back to get that constant going forward faster.

are you doing the throw from the middle of your chest masterbeato drills? do 50 a day from your middle and then start your fieldwork has boast my power/acceleration a lot.

I think for the most part you look to be throwing nice with a lot of power.
Positive feedback 56 Trade
Destroyer=Firebird=Striker=Roc=Wizard
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird/wizard

Postby maxarinkel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Yeah, my current training thing is to start my day with RPds in my garage and then move to the field for actual line shaping work, etc. I'm working on putting my weight forward better and throwing more with my shoulder now, and that seems to be helping. Here's a video from today, from a different angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGhm1Fu3CU
maxarinkel
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby bored4summer » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 pm

are you losing strokes on your drives? don't fix it if it's not broke. but it looks like it could be a lot smoother. you might be flipping your wrist very slightly at the end causing some discs to go nose up into an air bounce.

if you learn from watching other people. watch videos on youtube of pros playing big courses. so you can see how they throw for distance. or if you learen by doing, put a hoola-hoop out in the field and dial in your drive. make sure your comfortable with it
bored4summer
Noob

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Return to Video Critique