Driving Form Help

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Driving Form Help

Postby upchuck1383 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Clearly I need to improve my reachback, it is not a level plane at all. Any tips on how to achieve that? Also any other comments are more then welcome. First 2 throws are buzz's, last 3 are teeebirds. Wind is slightly in my face @5mph. The woodline is about 325' away.

http://www.youtube.com/user/upchuck1383 ... DqjjyO-bQA

Lets see if that link works!
upchuck1383
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Driving Form Help

Postby biodarwin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 pm

Stay on the balls of your feet. during the run up. Your reach back is going really really high on the back swing. Once you plat your pivot foot, your not really pivoting around the hell which means your not getting your lower body into the throw enough. Id work on things in this order, then shoot another video.

1.) Bring the backswing down a bit
2.) work on staying light and on the balls of your feet during the run-up.
Orc | Valkyrie | Teebird | Leopard | Buzz | Aviar
Buy/Sell/Trade??? http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16798&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
biodarwin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc,Leopard,Teebird

Re: Driving Form Help

Postby maxarinkel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:14 pm

The default answer to this is to do a ton of right-pec drills, the point being to get yourself used to pulling close to your body at the right pec. I have a sheet hung in my garage for this stuff because I'm too lazy to chase discs if I'm not doing something directly relating to flight path/distance. Really learn to throw putters and things that need a clean snap to get distance, and work from your hit back, as the mantra goes. I benefited from slowing myself waaaay down for a long time. I played my rounds for about a month throwing just standstill throws from my left pec through my right one for all my shots, and it got me use to the snap from that position rather than from the downward angle you are using. So basically, snap from a standing position, then work on a pullback, then add more footwork/speed. Right now it will only mess with your timing.
maxarinkel
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Return to Video Critique