Nikko Locastro acing at the Scandinavian Open 2010 finals

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Nikko Locastro acing at the Scandinavian Open 2010 finals

Postby JR » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Here's a little taste of what's to come this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byK-KeSUSAo

Lcgm8 and me staffed as videographers at the Scandinavian Open 2010. We have masses of videos and pictures and sorting it out takes a while. A music video is coming in the next few days. Finals later.

This is how we want to show aces.

Also check out lcgm8 account at Youtube for a lefty ace on round two hole 18 457' by Markus Mäntylä from Finland. We'll update it shortly to a higher resolution and append an interview.

JR and lcgm8
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Nikko Locastro acing at the Scandinavian Open 2010 final

Postby keltik » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:08 pm

wow
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby what'shisname » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Nice work. I saw that 2nd camera angle on a link recapping the event. the 2 angles together is awesome stuff. Keep up the great work!
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 pm

That was sweet! What was the distance and disc?
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby JR » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 am

what'shisname wrote:Nice work. I saw that 2nd camera angle on a link recapping the event. the 2 angles together is awesome stuff. Keep up the great work!

That video you saw was made by Swedish television. Channel 4 I think. That wasn't my filming. The Swedish TV cameraman was to the right me behind the basket.

Steady: The distance can be seen in the video. It took a while for Youtube to encode it to 1080 resolution. Initially it wasn't such a great quality image downgraded to 720 from the data file at 1080. Now it's just fine in 1080 setting on Youtube. We posted the link just after the vid became availabel on Youtube but the processing was obviously not ready yet then.

102 meters is around 337' and I don't know what disc he used but on other forums it was speculated that it was a Valkyrie.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Dig It » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 am

I promise if I win the lottery I am funding JR and Lcgm8 for at least two years.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby JR » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:49 am

It would be nice to film US events for sure. Nobody has asked us to come to the worlds or USDGC, NT events or anything. Getting two guys or three if mafa tags along needs serious budget and only the largest events could do it. So far we've been paying filming fully or in part out of our own pockets. That's gotta slow down sooner or later to fewer events per year if we don't get more support. That's also the reason why we've mostly filmed close to us. Dutch Open with me alone being the farthest away our team has filmed so far. Stockholm Disc Golf Open is filmed also by me. That's probably thre first time an event has been filmed with a release in mind by a caddy. Feldberg in my case. Heavy stuff filming a very hilly course in local temperature records -phew!40 discs in Feldy's bag plus other stuff.

Lcgm8 has filmed some Finnish smaller competitions and we have larger events lined up for this year. This means lcgm8 is having his hands full editing at least until winter. And he's got a mandatory break from editing lined up shortly so we'll get back to publishing more after a couple of promo clips have been completed for the Scandinavian Open. The rest is too far off in the future to promise anything.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby emiller3 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:53 am

Love your camera work, can't wait to see more.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby niuvalleycane » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:42 pm

were the nemeses cuddling?
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Parks » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Feldberg gave him a high five.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:35 pm

niuvalleycane wrote:were the nemeses cuddling?

There was some hugging there too. Maybe the have a secret bromance.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby JR » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:29 am

They're pros and high fives were exchanged. That doesn't mean they aren't highly strung top caliber players playing for all they are worth and maxing out their performance to edge out the competition. They're fiercely competetive on the course. It's not the same thing as hating each other.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby paju » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:27 pm

JR wrote: Stockholm Disc Golf Open is filmed also by me. That's probably thre first time an event has been filmed with a release in mind by a caddy. Feldberg in my case. Heavy stuff filming a very hilly course in local temperature records -phew!40 discs in Feldy's bag plus other stuff.

So you're saying that you were carrying Daves trailer-sized mega bag and your cameragear the whole event? Sick!

Is this footage going for Daves purposes or are you going to release it on your own? Finally going to make some money with filming/producing that suberb video?
Why haven't you compiled some dvd's (or 1080p bluerays) with last years stuff (eo, tali etc) I bet you'd be selling all the discs you can burn on alone finnish forums..
paju
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JR » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:55 am

Yeah I hauled around Dave's bag and on the first round my own on the front side but had to ditch it for obvious reasons. Those that weren't there it was a heat wave and Feldy said that it was as hot as in the States. I also carried his umbrella while filming. I had to run around a bit to get to film. Jesse Heinonen throws so fast that I missed more of his shots that everybody else combined. I even missed a few throws in the finals. I haven't checked the quality yet but I think a lesser quality version at least is possible. I'm hopeful without having checked the quality.

But first things first. Tali is ready and commentary is in Finnish and English. Lcgm8 is negotiating Finnish distribution with the locals from Tali and there's an agreement but I haven't heard of an actual order. Some players (yanks) plus Terry Roddy already do have a DVD or a _get this_ BluRay. The first one of it's kind in our sport. Man does the BluRay look ridiculously good even on my HD ready TV. I think I may have to upgrade to full HD just to enjoy it. :-D

I'm not sure about the money. So far we've paid almost everything out of our own pockets. We'll see what happens. A new possibility for distribution has possibly opened up but lcgm8 has to check it out later. I'd be happy to reclaim our costs to really make something great next year. Knock on wood. I'm not planning my income on sales though. But I'm ready to be positively surprised.

I'm not the hulk that is Ville Piippo and he said that his bag weighed more than Dave's with 30 discs and more water. So feeble old me with 40 discs and stuff plus filming equipment in 33C up and down the hills of Järva... :mrgreen: in the face :lol:

I'm not privy to EO and President's Cup 2009 situation as it is been handled by a different organization. You can probably make a correct educated guess as to who's behind that wheel. I can't tell. They are making progress from what I've heard.

This year I've also filmed Euro Tour event Dutch Open. And lcgm8 has filmed VMP Open, Mukkula and what else? Plus we have more projects to film soon. Several for this year. SO is the main project for this year though. Others follow later. We're waiting on hearing answers to an interesting situation our Swedish friends at the SO mentioned and set up. Get this we have a VVIP paving our way for something I can't divulge yet. Other world champion than paju (ÄIJÄ!!!)(we're not worthy) trying to make the SO video BIG!!! Thumbs up and fingers crossed.

Videos are certainly gonna come up for sale of many events as we get them ready and retailers start to order the discs. No promises of time table. We don't want to give people false hopes. Stay tuned.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:58 am

Here's a taster of what's to come while waiting for retail stuff. This was lcgm8's quick translation. You can't fit a lot of text to the pictures without making the text harder to see for people viewing on cell phones or older people with larger monitors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSlPi_LxNYk
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Video Critique