Feel like I've been kicked in the ribs

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Feel like I've been kicked in the ribs

Postby phreak » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:05 pm

I throw RHBH, and have been playing for about 6 months. Yesterday I started out great, birdied 3 of the first 5 holes. I came to a longer hole and decided I needed to pay attention to my follow through as that's not something I've done in the past and I'm curious if I'm following through or not. So anyway I'm not sure if my plant foot stuck and didn't pivot(it was a real clean grippy t-pad), or what. But immediately I felt a pain on the left side of my back about midway up. Not in the backbone, more in the muscle/ribs. I played a few more holes and called it a day. The pain persisted last night, but the weird thing is today it seems to have moved to my ribs in the front to partially on my side. It definitely feels like something that will just go away, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen and or know what happened.
phreak
Noob

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Re: Feel like I've been kicked in the ribs

Postby seabas22 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Probably just a rib muscle strain since the pain moved around. Rest it, if it bothers you, you can wear a chest wrap.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Re: Feel like I've been kicked in the ribs

Postby phreak » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be pretty much gone already.
phreak
Noob

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury