new course in Tahoe

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

new course in Tahoe

Postby Elevated Plastic » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Just help install 18 holes at the top of high camp at Squaw Valley resort. You take the cable car up and play an insane new course. Holes 1 and 2 start out at the top 8000+ elevation. Then you get to what might be the most insane hole in disc golf hole 3. It's 1000+ft with 200-300ft elevation drop. Might be the new king of top of the world holes. As of right now the par is 57 with 3 par 4's. A lot of elevation and the natural features of granite and such are in play. The tees are dirt as of today but will be rubber in the next few weeks. Expect a lot of hiking so bring water,sun screen and bug spray for the wicked mosquitoes. Now Tahoe has 7 courses with 2 more going in by the end of summer. This might just be the sickest course in Cali and beyond. I will get pics up soon and right a legitamate review. 8)
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: new course in Tahoe

Postby Elevated Plastic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:28 pm

some photos of the new course. The first page is the family friendly holes 1,2,18

http://tahoediscgolf.spruz.com/photos.htm
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:23 pm

I'll be there later in August, and have to play this new course. Still need to hit up Markleeville as well. And 2 more Tahoe courses going in before the end of summer! Wow!

The Tahoe area is rapidly becoming the top disc golf destination in the world. If you include courses in the foothills (Grass Valley, Penn Valley, Toney's Mountain, New Hogan, etc.), then it already is the top disc golf region in the world.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Elevated Plastic » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 pm

The Tahoe area is rapidly becoming the top disc golf destination in the world. If you include courses in the foothills (Grass Valley, Penn Valley, Toney's Mountain, New Hogan, etc.), then it already is the top disc golf region in the world.

yep, we're talking about possibly bidding for worlds here in the future. We have the courses and accomidations for it.
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses