Nashville - Cedar Hills or 7 Oaks?

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Nashville - Cedar Hills or 7 Oaks?

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 pm

talk to me...I have played Cedar and enjoyed it very much...Seven Oaks looks tight and I am not sure if the wife will enjoy it as much...let me know
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Re: Nashville - Cedar Hills or 7 Oaks?

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:42 pm

I need to know too. We are going to be out there in a few weeks for a wedding. I believe we were planning on playing 7 oaks because it looks a bus can get us there easily and we are not renting a car. Wife likes wooded, but some of that looks wooded and long. I am excited to play either, but will probably just get to play 1.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby eg37167 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Cedar Hill is longer and also more up hill and down hill. I personally enjoy Cedar Hill more because the woods are less dense, IMHO. Cedar Hill is more off the beaten track. In Madison area.
Seven Oaks is usually more crowded, yet has alternate holes and is more tight I would say. Closer to the airport or city proper. It all depends on what you want I suppose, maybe you could ask me more and I could answer better...
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:18 pm

eg37167 wrote:Cedar Hill is longer and also more up hill and down hill. I personally enjoy Cedar Hill more because the woods are less dense, IMHO. Cedar Hill is more off the beaten track. In Madison area.
Seven Oaks is usually more crowded, yet has alternate holes and is more tight I would say. Closer to the airport or city proper. It all depends on what you want I suppose, maybe you could ask me more and I could answer better...

we will be coming in from I-40 since we are staying in Mt. Juliet.....I recall Cedar Hills being out north? HOw far would seven oaks be from the downtown area?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby eg37167 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:14 pm

we will be coming in from I-40 since we are staying in Mt. Juliet.....I recall Cedar Hills being out north? HOw far would seven oaks be from the downtown area?[/quote]
Cedar Hills is right of I-65 at Madison at exit 92 (highway 45). Of course it depends what time of day you are talking about as to how long that would take. Here is a link to the Google map address for Cedar Hill if you want to get precise...http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=8 ... 0aYgBo9-0g

Here is a link for Seven Oaks:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=s ... qgzAS0lKVi

Now you can use this to get directions and using the time of day features on Google Directions you can get rough traffic and travel time estimates also from where you are coming from and when you have a window to play.
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby UpFromTheAshes » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm driving 2 hours to play Cedar Hill tomorrow. It's in my personal top 5.

Seven Oaks is decent, but I like Cedar Hill a lot better.
UpFromTheAshes
Noob

Favorite Disc: 1st run CE Valk

Postby Will Aubrey » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:33 pm

I like Crockett Park and Sanders Ferry better than either Cedar Hill or Seven Oaks.
Will Aubrey
Tree Magnet

Postby Dbuntu » Fri May 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Cedar Hill is much more challenging and the course is nice, but I hate the 7-11 section. You are basically playing right next to Dickerson Rd. Loud and no tree line to block the view. The rest is really good. Seven Oaks could do with a few more longer range holes, but for a beginner like myself, it's a good course. Cedar Hill is really close by so I play it, but wish they'd plant some trees along that stretch.
It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools
Dbuntu
Noob

Favorite Disc: All of them

Postby scott.t » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 pm

I want to head to Nashville in the near future to play the courses there. I am in the ft campbell area and there is one good one that I know of.
scott.t
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova Champion Boss

Return to Courses