Best defunct snack foods of all time

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby mothrows » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:43 am

Man, I had a GI JOE tank that could go freakin anywhere. It had rubber tracks and the whole deal. My buddy and I tried to save up for the cobra command center but we never quite got there.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby Solty » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:44 am

mothrows wrote:Man, I had a GI JOE tank that could go freakin anywhere. It had rubber tracks and the whole deal. My buddy and I tried to save up for the cobra command center but we never quite got there.

the aircraft carrier was 7 ft long!!!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby mothrows » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:46 am

Nice, I wish my mom hadn't gave away all of my GI Joe stuff. My boy Gunner would love it if we still had it.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Postby roadkill » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:37 pm

mothrows wrote:I loved my knight rider big wheel.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr ... B0001A866O

You youngsters!

Knight Rider debuted the same time the firebird's new body style came out. When the show came out I was looking to buy my first car. I also had the hots for Bonnie, K.i.t.t.'s mechanic.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby domromer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:32 pm

I had the Dukes of Hazard Big Wheel.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby mothrows » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:47 pm

How about death from above...er..I mean lawn darts, those things were a blast.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Postby swel304 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:27 pm

mikesolt wrote:
mothrows wrote:Man, I had a GI JOE tank that could go freakin anywhere. It had rubber tracks and the whole deal. My buddy and I tried to save up for the cobra command center but we never quite got there.

the aircraft carrier was 7 ft long!!!

I was a gi joe fanatic. I had about 250 figures, all the bases, most of the vehicles and the 7.5 ft aircraft carrier. I sold it all for 50$ :cry: I wish I still had it all, I could make some serious cash on it now. I think the tank your speaking of was the m.o.b.a.t. maybe? driver named mauler or somthing?

are they worth a lot now? there the only thing I ever collected as a kid, I didn't get into baseball cards or comic books.

I was selling water damaged gpk's at about 10-20$ for 50 or so. if you have them in good shape they are worth some money. they guy who did them did a new gpk series a few years ago and the nostalga put the old ones in high demand.

My friends both had the transformer big wheel, I was so jealous.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby calvarycoffee » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:02 pm

<--- GI Joe buff

i remember having the first plastic Snake Eyes with out the swivel grip. (the big dolls were before my time)

i remember contemplating as an 8 year old whether i should open the package or not to keep it valuble . . . that didn't last long.

<----banging head
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby swel304 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:26 pm

calvarycoffee wrote:<--- GI Joe buff

i remember having the first plastic Snake Eyes with out the swivel grip. (the big dolls were before my time)

i remember contemplating as an 8 year old whether i should open the package or not to keep it valuble . . . that didn't last long.

<----banging head

Ive seen the version 1 stormshadow mint on card and graded high go on ebay for like 2k$ :o

I sold a few loose straight arms I had found at goodwill last year, got decent money from them as well. oddly enough if you have broken vehicle/figure parts you can get nearly as much for them as anything.

I have one loose figure I still havent been able to part with. a 1984 loose firefly near mint with original gun. he sits right here on my desk to remind me how old I am :lol:
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Solty » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:38 am

Just hit up a sammich shop and they had White Cheddar Ranch popcorn. I'm a popcorn fanatic..and let me say this is stellar!!!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby krusen » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 pm

I've still got some GI Joe stuff in storage. None of it in good condition of course, but at least I was wise enough to keep it away from my cousins and nephews and after I got too old for it...an F-14 style jet with retractable wings, a Cobra fan boat, and some random figurines. The jet still has ejection seats with working parachutes...those were fun. I did have a helicopter that had a winch and a thumb operated rotor, but I broke that.
Also, a triple changer transformer heli / dune buggy / robot, and a couple other small transformers. I'm thinking I'll wait a few years to liquidate that stuff.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:17 pm

the white cheddar ranch is dank yo
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Eric O » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:18 pm

GI Joe figures were fun. Eventually my brothers and I ended up taking them all apart and putting them together mix and matched. It doesn't get any better than a storm shadow/snake eyes hybrid. Finally we graduated from rebuilding them to watching them burn with homemade napalm. My brother has some good burn scars to show for it.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby roadkill » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:23 pm

I think you GI Joe afficianados need to start your own thread. :shock:

Reread the title of the thread.This thread is for things edible and male dolls don't make my mouth water. :roll:
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Smoke » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:14 pm

Crazy Calypso Chips - Says they are made by Wise..but I swear they used to be made by Jays. They were a caribbean flavored chip, sweet and spicy.

Big League Chewing Gum - This stuff was great, shredded bubble gum and came in a small choice of flavors. I have looked for this stuff quite a bit and no one seems to sell it.

Not really a snack food here, but pertains to them. Anyone remember when a quarter was actully worth alot? You could go to the store and pick up little bags of chips, or any number of Little Debbie snacks, or even a pack of gum. Now most of them are 30 cents and higher, even the little 5 stick packs of gum are 30 cents each. :( Not a huge difference, just a silly gripe .

Bazooka Joe Gum - One day it just dropped off the face of the planet..at the least dropped out of Mich.

Ecto Cooler - Ahh the memories, this stuff was sooo good.

Speaking of drinks what happened to Great Bluedini Kool -Aid? They replaced it with some weird blue rasberry lemondae stuff...but its just not the same :(.

Coke 2 / Pepsi Clear/ Edge energy cola - Coke 2 didnt taste any different then normal Coke, but I could actully go for one right now. Pepsi clear tasted so bad...that it was actully kinda good. Edge took some getting used to but was an overall good drink.

Orbitz - god I am glad that trip is over. What would makes someone put floating chunks of "solidified goo" into an already disgusting soda?

New York Seltzer - flavored seltzer water , actully pretty good stuff.

Clearly Canadian - flavored carbonated water, good stuff...sadly..this is the same company that made Orbitz.

Misc other things they discontinued that they never should have:

Micro Machines - Tiny little cars that came in almost any style you can think of.
Micro Machines owned Hot Wheels...sorry :P

Monster in my Pocket - little rubber monsters, that had a power number on their backs, strongest one usally won the fight..or was it the strongest kid won? Hmm either way.

Battle Beasts - Little monster guys with moveable arms, and a couple weapons, they had a heat sensitive thing on their chests that told their element when you put your finger on it.

M.U.S.C.L.E. Men - little soft plastic wrestling guys that came in hundreds and hundreds of different poses and styles.

My Pet Monster - Kinda like a guys version of a teddy bear. He was pretty ugly but still cool, came with little chains around his wrists.

Thats it for now..I know there is more but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
I'm neither a bear, nor a cheetah..I'm a WOLVERINE!

"Must get past the first tree....um the second one too." - Bill
"Start the lawnmower..smack the midget." - D, when talking about how to throw
"No Low Putts!" - Hell if I know
Smoke
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.