Back in it.

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Back in it.

Postby XvileX » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:08 pm

The last and only dye that I did was an argyle Star Teebird. I want to get back into it, though I'm not very artistic...

Here's my most recent creation and also the reason behind the registered trademark question. Star Katana, which I don't throw too often and also the only white disc I had to dye that fit what I needed.

I learned a few things while doing this one. Most predominantly, that if you want to learn and try to do a good job, cutting the vinyl after a few margaritas is a bad idea.
XvileX
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Leopard

Re: Back in it.

Postby JohnnyB » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Nice choice. I still get a lot of chuckles from my titleist putter
Last edited by JohnnyB on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A hedgehog was also killed"
JohnnyB
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Star tee-rex

Re: Back in it.

Postby XvileX » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:32 am

That looks excellent!! I really wanted the dimples in mine, but I couldn't find an image of high enough quality to blow up and use as a stencil nor do I have the artistic capacity to try to figure out that shading on my own - freehand style. Yours definitely gives me a little something to aim for!

I made a lightbox tonight, which makes this whole process WAY easier. Before tonight, I was just using a glass table top to try and get a little light under, but the glass was so big that I think it was more awkward than useful. After my construction was complete I did a couple more discs...

A new argyle to replace the previous one which ended up in a pond.

And then a Stewie for the lady friend. I'm quite proud of how well all the curvy parts of this one turned out. I was a little intimidated walking into it.

XvileX
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Leopard

Return to Disc Artwork