Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Postby JR » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:41 am

Here's triple angle footage of the distance record holder Christian Sandström:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/0KOafXWyCUw

Thanks for Kenth Lindqvist for filming the third angle. From behind Christian.

You really should go and look the account of lcgm8 at Youtube because there's plenty of material there. Like Mukkula and VMP Open from this summer.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Postby masterbeato » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 pm

that guy has some sick snap.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Roy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Awesome as always!
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby JR » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 am

Thanks Roy.

Masterbeato, Christian was the fastest thrower I got to see from side above position. His throw was visibly faster than Linus Åström's whose throw was visibly faster than anyone else's I filmed from that position. I didn't film everyone from that angle so I can't tell who had the fastest throw overall. That hole is risky for bombing all out. Feldy said: "finally..." in the finals after not making it through the first two corners until then. You can't see much beyond the first corner from the tee. Like not at all.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rehder » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 am

awesome work as always.

I hit that first shot decently all three rounds and that was about the only drives I hit, man that course gave me a beatdown. It truly is a champion caliber course. (I played a penalty round with 2 rocs and 2 wizards and played better than I had all the other rounds, theres is so much penalty for not hitting the fairway.)

I watched Simon Lizotte play the last day, and he might not have the fastest throw, but I believe he has one of the highest smash factors in our sport. He threw his Aviar on at least two occasions of the tee (both 105+ meter holes, granted that one has an elevation drop of maybe 4 meters), on 12 where most players threw a full hyzershot, he made what looked like 40% upshot and easily made it, and then he threw a hyzer on 18, which even with the wind that day requires a pretty crazy shot to get around all the trees at the end. (Alas he missed his putt)
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:59 am

Sorry I didn't have time to talk to you. I think I have you on video though. Probably both in HD and high speed with lower resolution.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:24 am

JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Timko » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Sweet! I just quit watching a Radiohead acoustic performance to check these out.

Also, who's on DGR from this film crew? I can't remember.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby JR » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:34 am

Me and lcgm8 filmed this with some help in slo mo filming from Kenth Lindqvist. I did the rest of the slo mo and Kenth went wild with another gimmick I told him nobody has really published yet that is a feature of my camera. That ain't as useful even on full HD as it would be best illustrated published on a website or a magazine or better yet both. Pretty cool stuff.

SO published version may have still photos from Charlie Mead as well. He took portrait pictures from players during the competition. I'm not editing so I don't know what's gonna be included. We'll get help with graphics from a source I can't divulge until given the go ahead. Which may be never.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:25 am

JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Timko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:25 pm

We could rename those videos "watch Dave foot fault."
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby what'shisname » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:45 pm

great vids, Thanks!

ya, I noticed a few places where Feldys footwork looks questionable.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Dr. Burd » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:50 am

You'll see lcgm8's reply to me on "Part 3". Apparently he reviewed all of Dave's putts in slow motion and they were all fine. Additionally (and perhaps more importantly), it would seem that no one else on the card was concerned by what looks like a fairly blatant fault. It seems the camera angles and limited playback/streaming options may be to blame.
The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:41 am

Timing is notoriously difficult to see in real time. I haven't gone through the throws frame by frame but that is an easy diagnostic tool.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby lcgm8 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:49 am

Dr. Burd wrote:You'll see lcgm8's reply to me on "Part 3". Apparently he reviewed all of Dave's putts in slow motion and they were all fine. Additionally (and perhaps more importantly), it would seem that no one else on the card was concerned by what looks like a fairly blatant fault. It seems the camera angles and limited playback/streaming options may be to blame.

These guys won't hesitate to give warnings.

Here's part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJThfsFgUfA

Nikko shows some excellent skills on hole 13 by using both hands to get birdie.

There's gonna be a small break now as i'll go filming Finnish Open with JR. Next day after the Tournament i'll have surgery for my left hand.
lcgm8
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Video Critique