Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Postby overdubbed » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:33 pm

I had a Mkii.. I miss the thing.. it was a rare 88 golf gt in monza blue.. we swapped a stage 4 g60 into it.. fun little 200+hp car..
this is what i'm in the process of building.. Big turbo 1.8t.... its finally back in the car now we're just connecting everything.. should be running by next weekend
overdubbed
Noob

Favorite Disc: core

Postby overdubbed » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 am

its all in and running now... just waiting on an adapter to hook the blow off up and then i can drive it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYb6kbXEX8Y
overdubbed
Noob

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:41 pm

i have a 2001 B5 BT A4, and use to have a stage 3 2000 S4. the A4 + built 2.0T w/forged internals, GT3071, brembos, HD mounts all around, IC, H&R, 3" testpipe, 2.5" techtonics exhaust,modded intake mani, carbonio CAI (yes, pretty pointless, but it looks good), DV, custom tune, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. (over 60k total in that thing, pretty silly, i know) is a good bit quicker than the S car. the S4s are too limited in space under the hood for BT, no K04s don't count as BT, (without SERIOUS modifications), and too heavy to hang with it. A4 touches mid 11s, S4 still in 12s...

the 2 toned interior in the S4 was much much sexier though, i will give it that.

glad to see we have some german car love here!
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Thommie wrote:ahahahahahahhahaha never...your big turbo gti vs my big turbo gti will be close.. but not my S

and FTR i'd smoke both of you :wink:
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby overdubbed » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:04 pm

I got dynoed last month.. I made 450whp.. should be up around 500 with race gas and more meth
overdubbed
Noob

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:02 pm

hmmmm, not trying to call you out, but i only make 460whp with larger displacement and larger turbo, on 93 oct, i can run race settings for 100+ oct and it only puts me at 490ish. what set up you running, software etc.? post the charts...then i'll believe ya lol. smooth looking ride though, i've got a thing for silver! my A4 is silver, the S4 was black, my second choice in color.

lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby overdubbed » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:00 pm

in my car right nouw so I can'tpost thr chart, il do it when I get home.. But its a bullseye power s256.. They say it falls between a gt3071 and 3076.. I'm ruining the eurodyne 630 cc mafless file with maestro .. I'm still on thr base bt file I havent fooled around with maestro yet. Devils own w/m..
overdubbed
Noob

Postby overdubbed » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Thommie s s4 is k04'd do its pretty quick.. His gti was a 2.0 with a 60-1
overdubbed
Noob

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 pm

ahhhhh, got ya, i saw something about a gt28 in an earlier post and assumed that's what you were running...

nah, KO4 FTL, i hate those lil snails...but, you can't really fit anything bigger in there without spending a butt load of cash having everything custom made. my S was quick, definitely, but modded EVOs, and STIs would poop on it. my A4 leaves both in the dust. i hung with a modded M5, and a GTR the other day, both are fast cars. he running APR stage 3? APR is garbage...i ran their stage 3+ setup for a while, wasn't impressed one bit.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby overdubbed » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:15 pm

no he's running a giac tune.. not to sure if its a k04 specific file though.. i'm home now so i'll post up some pics and stuff.. my car doesnt look like that anymore either..
overdubbed
Noob

Postby overdubbed » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

right now i'm just gathering the things needed for my brakes.. so far I have wilwood 4piston calipers up front and 13.1" rotors and 20th rear calipers.. I'm waiting on the brake place to fab up the brackets so I can run a 12.6" rear rotor..
ignore the color of the wheels.. they're getting powdercoated a bronze/copper color in the spring
And I know I said it made 450whp before and I feel I have to defend my picture below because you're probably going to say something about it.. the first run was at 20psi and the second run was at 27psi but as you can see I only had the guy go up to 6300rpm on the second pull.. I was being a pussy and didnt want to blow the motor I just spent 6 months building.. but if you follow the graph it would have been up over 450.. once I finish tuning it and fool around with the ebc some more i'll dyno it again and not be a puss....
overdubbed
Noob

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:41 pm

i love the turbo twists, except the fact that they are soooooooo heavy (hopefully you got the hollow versions to help with the weight issue)...they look sick though. i know how it is, i only typically run about 20psi, unless i have to bump it up to play with the big boys, then i'll go 30, but that's about it, and my engine is built! so i guess i'm a puss too, but when you put so much time/effort/money in these things you don't want to ruin them! good shit man, i like! i still think i'd take ya though. what's the curb weight? mine's stripped...i'm down to +/- 2600lbs. power/weight ratio means everything, my S4's HP numbers were close to 600, but it's also a fat lil piggy and wouldn't goooooooooo like i wanted. i got owned by a bolt on + 200 shot no2 camaro ss in the S4, which realllllly pissed me off.

oh, and gunmetal, or black would look so much sexier than bronze...just my opinion...
Last edited by lefty-hyzer on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby overdubbed » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 pm

yeah, they're heavy as hell... i'm not sure of my weight.. i took my rear seats and spare tire out that saved a good chunk of weight but now my 5 gallon meth tank takes up my trunk.. and yeah I always drive around on my 20psi setting.. the other one kinda scares me because i have an AWE boost gauge and they only go to 25psi and its set for 27psi so just watching the needle get pegged is kind of an uneasy feeling.. I'm sick of having black wheels.. and dont want silver.. it was anything other than, white, black, gunmetal, or silver.. and I couldnt make up my mind till I saw my friends engine bay...
overdubbed
Noob

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 pm

i have a stewart warner boost gauge, goes to 40psi ;)

i just don't like scoobies, and bronze reminds me of them...to each their own though! if you don't have the hollow twists, those things are robbing you of tons of power man, keep those for pimpin and get a different set up for the track...

why's the engine turned the wrong way?!

oh, and a lot of guys convert their window washer reservoir for the meth...but i guess you can't run 5g that way.
Last edited by lefty-hyzer on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby Roy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Just wanted to say I enjoy lurking this thread even though I have no idea what's going on.

Nice wheels guys.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.