Finding RIT equivalent

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Finding RIT equivalent

Postby mejlholm » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:34 am

I'd like to try out the whole dye thing, but I'm having some trouble getting started. I live in Sweden and have a hard time finding equivalents to the stuff you guys over there use.

I recall reading a post (cant fint it now...) stating that RIT dye is just a clothes powder dye, so I started looking for equivalents. I tried this one (found it in a local store)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dylon-Machine-D ... y_kh_img_a

but had no luck with it at all. My fingers took well to the color, but the disc (DGA pro plastic) didn't take any at all (even after I increased the color mix to insane proportions).

Anybody got any pointers on what to look for? Or should I just start looking for websites that deliver RIT powder to EU.
PDGA | Bag | Drives

Wizard | Roc | Eagle-X | Sword | Giant
mejlholm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TL

Re: Finding RIT equivalent

Postby iloqutiss1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:48 am

Just mail order the rit. I think it's your best bet.
iloqutiss1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Finding RIT equivalent

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:40 pm

There is a British store that sells RIT, I bought mine from there. I can't remember what it was called, but I'll try to find it at some point.

EDIT: Found it faster than I thought. It's about £3,5 per package. Search for rit dye powder. http://www.lainesworld.co.uk/
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Return to Disc Artwork