12th Annual Texas State Championships

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

12th Annual Texas State Championships

Postby RustyP » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Anybody going? It's in Houston on the last weekend in March...

Anybody who's been in the past: I've heard mixed stories about this tourney -- is it worth a 5-6 hour drive? Good course(s)?

Thanks
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby steezo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:01 pm

I was going but now a new job might have me here instead. One of my buddies said that he did not think the payout was all that great but that the tourney was a blast.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby Donkeypuncher » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:33 pm

Yeah, I'm hesitant to drive to houston. It would turn into a weekend trip and that would end up costing a lot more money.

Are there any tournaments closer to dallas? Even austin would acceptable, since its a couple hours away, and I have some friends that live there. I think there is one in lewisville, but I'm not sure.

Is there a site that lists all the texas tournaments
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby matchu » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:25 pm

gents, as a native Houstonian I recommend coming down to check out this long standing tournament. You have to place first before worrying about payout. lol
This courses are looking good, and there are three in one location. albiet one is a temp course only used for the tourney.
I can probably get you guys a floor at someone's house to crash if money is an issue. Who knows some Houstonian might be on the fence about your area tourney and could use a nice warm place to crash and drink there beers. Who knows?

we have an org site hfds. you can contact fellow discgolfers about lodging and course layouts. Hope you guys come play, I won't be playing, but that has is because I am not a pdga member.

go to dubadubadubadotlsdga.com for Tejas tournies
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Tournaments