Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Postby Dr. Burd » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 am

Awesome. Thanks again for all your hard work guys. Good luck with your surgery!
The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby emiller3 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 am

As usual, my favorite DG to watch. I don't have any DG DVD's, but I suspect that your guys' productions are better than a fair share of them. Great job again.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby rehder » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:37 am

JR wrote:Sorry I didn't have time to talk to you. I think I have you on video though. Probably both in HD and high speed with lower resolution.

heh, Id rather want to see Lizotte, and awesome stuff from the final (as usual from you guys). Dave's and Nikko's drives on the first hole are INSANE, its where many people where hoping to lie in two shots.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:50 am

Don't know how long it takes to show everything but I just translated Simon's interview from German speech to English text and we plan on to show the interviewed players throwing too. My German is so rusty and I messed up on the first Swedish interview too so at least those require text from the interviewer too. I wasn't perfect with the other German interview but I can live with it. After all it was all quite ad hoc and I didn't have time to practice and haven't spoken German in years.

Dave said during the flight of the finals first drive: "Finally" before the disc had landed IIRC. He had tried to make that shot each round and it finally connected. Apparently I'm decent at telling people what to do because I told Dave to go get 'em a minute prior to the finals and also asked Markus Mäntylä if he's gonna ace his hole 18 shot since he was so close the day before :-) My track record ain't perfect though. The driver in our crew Juhani Vainio asked me to command him to get an eagle on hole one. I asked how about an albatross? That thunder was apparently stolen by Daniel Strandberg from Sweden :-) People were thinking is that the first albatross in disc golf and it isn't? Finnish frisbee association president said he has one before SO. IIRC those were about two 100 meter shots on a par 5. Nice place to get a fairway ace :-D I don't know if there are other albatrosses. Have you guys heard of those?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rehder » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 am

If you need any help in the german department let me know, I can help out. (Fluent)
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:55 am

I'm proud to officially recognize the Scandinavian Video Mafia on DGR. Good work guys!
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby JR » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:27 am

Thanks Christian and Christopher.

I have translated the interview and the trouble was during the interview not translating what Simon said.

Here is a little something quick edited and published on the same day of the filming: http://www.youtube.com/user/willehonkonen#p/a Check out the Finnish Open clips. The guy that shot these is a video professional using pro equipment. We are gonna use his footage, our own (lcgm8 and me) plus that filmed in the finals by Kenth Lindqvist. We have all sorts of off competition fun stuff on video as well. Arms grow big up north apparently. The caliber of players was very high too. Fifth ranked player in the world, numbers 1, 2 and 4 placing players at Big D 8 and masters third place finisher (600'), Finnish Champions, European Champ, Open division third place finisher, open div. dubs 2x world champ and so on. The wind was horrible on Sunday and that created a lot of drama so the video is gonna be great.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Dr. Burd » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:10 pm

JR, do you happen to have high-speed footage of Feldberg's putt on #11, Scandinavian Open? Even a side angle would be better than the rear angle shown in lcgm8's Youtube video.

I believe him when he says the putt was legal, I just want to see the timing of Dave's walk-through & release.
The Burd's Trade List | Aviar - Zone - Buzzz - XS - Teebird - Force
Dr. Burd
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Without checking what Kenth Lindqvist did with the high speed camera in the finals I don't think so. lcgm8 and me were filming in HD from two different places. Him behind the tee me at the receiving end. We had no high speed cameras with us. It is true that many a called jump putts have been legal they look worse than they are and the top pros know it because that's come up for them and it has been checked. Feldy did change his putting style after the checks. I don't think that in top level play jump putts are a problem these days.

It is difficult to judge and for less experienced players who haven't checked out things on video and learned to accurately judge it may be a problem. That is why jump putt rules may be scrutinized by the PDGA soon. That's what I heard from the source on that issue a guy that has say in the matter. Dunno if he wants to air his opinions and if something is being done so I don't wanna muddy up the field more. It happens if it happens nothing I or probably many else can do about it.

I do see a need for a clearly judgeable way to play from rules and sponsor getting point of view though so a rules change may be a good thing for the growth of the sport so I'm not complaining although my best part of the game is approaches with jump putts out to about 170' and if I'm feeling good a little more. Somehow I don't think that range would not give me an unfair advantage even if I did break the current rules which I've been told I don't. Haven't checked myself on that from video. Might have to do that out of curiosity one day though.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JHern » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Is it just me, or do those chains seems extraordinarily heavy? Even Nikko's ace hardly moved the chains!

Great video work, guys. I sincerely applaud this effort, and know the time you spent getting it all, plus the editing and everything else.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 am

The editing lasts and lasts. And lasts. Did I mention it lasts? Those chains are different because there are different baskets on the course IIRC. Mainly Latitude baskets and they have less chains than baskets of old. They also spit more easily making putting harder. Good putters benefit more the harder it is to put the disc in.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rehder » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 am

JR wrote:I do see a need for a clearly judgeable way to play from rules

Ill say this. The PDGA rules atm. state that if there is doubt the benfit should be given the player, this effectivly makes all foot faults moot on jumpputts, since they are very hard to call and because of this the benefit will always go with the player. At least if you are playing by the rules.

I actually think that players would police themselves more, if the rules where changes slightly. In golf, if a player doesnt enforce a rule infraction they themselves commit, they will in the end get two-penalty shots added to their score, because they handed in an incorrect scorecard. (Obviously somebody has to observe the rule infraction and made the TD aware of the transgression before the tournament is over.)

JHern wrote:Is it just me, or do those chains seems extraordinarily heavy? Even Nikko's ace hardly moved the chains!

Great video work, guys. I sincerely applaud this effort, and know the time you spent getting it all, plus the editing and everything else.

The chains are not that heavy actually, but there are THREE rows of chains, this actually worked very well, since putts that hit center almost always stayed in.
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:55 am

And they spit out easier on the sides than most baskets rewarding good putts penalizing bad ones. Really making life harder for most and creating scoring spread which good putters relish.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 am

JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

Pretty cool stuff considering her age. Her arm speed is good only if she'd reach back farther she'd really get more D and would earn her boy beater shirt :-D She should fare well against many newer guys. Way to turn away newbs as a 14 year old girl is kicking their pants :-D And she knows the term snap regarding DG! Good for her.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RebeccaReneeCox
http://www.youtube.com/user/xocarden
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique