Best putter from 40' and in??

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby adidadg » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:34 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:The only problems I have come across is:
they beat alittle faster than wizards
they dont keep that grippy feel too long, they get alittle smooth with dust and wear.
They bounce out a bit.
the vairation in softness varies by temperature more than most putters ive tried. They get pretty soft in left in the sun long, and pretty stiff in the cold. (especially in black, which is all ive found in the weights I like)

Sounds like the cons of any pro-d/DX putter, I'll keep it in mind though
adidadg

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:30 pm

adidadg wrote:Sounds like the cons of any pro-d/DX putter, I'll keep it in mind though

I agree. However, the gateway equivalent to pro d/dx, which I believe to be s, seems to outlast them. I will admit that my wizard has taken some hefty damage, but considering that I use it on every hole (as a putter) and sometimes drive with it, it has held up well.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby adidadg » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:49 pm

I have heard good things about gateway "S", but has anybody found it to warp? of the 3 I saw in the store, all of them were warped a little, just little bubbles and dents on the top of the disc, and they were unused. I also have a Proto S wizard from a couple years back, and it is warped beyond recognition and I had used it strictly for putting (and rarely at that). It pretty much looks more like a JuJu than a wizard at this point. I'm not trying to knock the putter or the company but it is something I have noticed. Maybe its our wacky climate up here
adidadg

Postby steezo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:08 pm

i have three of four wizards in the "s" plastic that have warped. They look like clovers- but hasnt affected the flight much, one is beyond clovered and is only thrown over water, in hopes that it might go in-which gives me an excuse to order another. all of my proto wizards have warped to some degree. - all in "s" plastic.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:22 pm

s is definatly the most durable base plastic (unless you include millinium plastic as a base even though its just innova pro)

I still perfer baseline plastic for putters. Even if it means I replace them slightly more often, and if they need a bit of work sometimes.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Smyith » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:57 pm

the dga base plastic has been super durable. i have had it 3 years now and it has almost no scatches and its dome is almost perfect.
dga hawkeye rules!!!!
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:49 am

I got an Original Roc from Mike S. and it's now my main putter, similar plastic to the KC Aviar plastic (super stiff) and it's the mold the classic roc was based off of (Original Roc has a slightly larger bead though) i love this thing for putting, its a bit faster than a putter, but it's a sniper. In the past 3 rounds I've hit over 5 100' putts with it and anything within 50' is almost as good as in... I'm hoping this accuracy wont wear off...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bigs348 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:55 pm

I just bought a Black Proto E-Wizard at 180g off of ebay. Not exactly PDGA legal, but I couldn't pass up black evolution plastic and a 180 might be a perfect weight for me. I mean, what's a few grams? :D :wink:
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Equipment