Any Starcrafters out there?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Any Starcrafters out there?

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 am

We used to do a lot of that on SC1. And on Doom2 too. Waded was the name of the Doom map editor, the map names were .wad
Man that was a long time ago. That was when we used to play a lot of Warcraft 1 & 2. We'd create custom maps with forests and crap and basically create a bottleneck for the AI to have to run thru to get to us. And we'd line it with Archers and catapults and just watch em get molested.

For being an RTS, SC2 is pretty fast paced when it gets down to having to make quick decisions. Like last night me and my buddy were playing a 2v2. Zerg/Zerg VS Terran/Terran. We figured we'd have to build banelings... The Zerg rush isn't great against terrans since they can bottleneck their front entrance off completely making your zergs useless. My friend made it into the other guys bases, and saw nothing but Vikings (Air/land units. Can attack in air in the air, and land on land, but can't do air to land attacks and vice versa. It's either one or the other. My friend sees all the vikings and says "Oh shit, TONS of vikings, we need to tech for Hyralisks NOW".
So we change our game plan up, I start pumping out Hydras. Guy comes to my buddy's base and gets ROASTED by me. I move my forces to his base and take nearly all of them out. It's neck and neck now since we've both lost all our armies, but I've been pumping out hydras from 2 zones, and I come back at this guy full force with a wave of nearly 50 Hydras, with my buddy's Zerglings in the front line. It took 42 minutes, but was worth every bit of the wait. We thought we lost it because he took out my buddy's town early, but his warning on the vikings changed our game plan and we just went ape shit.
Good times. Lol
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby JimW » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:45 am

My computer seems to be lacking in a PCI Express slot. Well, it has one, a shitty 1x one that's totally useless. I think my Dell has pretty much run a good lifespan so I'm going to get a barebones comp to replace it so I can play SC2 and other new games that I plan to pira.....obtain in a perfectly legal manner.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby Planeman93 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:27 pm

SC2 great game, to bad my comp runs it at like 30fps average, and 5-10fps in battles. The epic games are the best.
Planeman93
Noob

Postby Parks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:10 am

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, just got it yesterday.

Of course, I get owned in multi.

I imagine the feeling I get playing multi in RTS games is the same feeling that people get when playing FPSes against me.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Planeman93 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Don't worry, in time most all people will settle to a 50% win rate because of the matchmaker.
Planeman93
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah, in 1v1 I'm at about 35% wins. Almost 40 I think. I'm satisfied with that tho. NO one plays zerg so I usually have a little bit of hill to climb on some matches. I'll tell you what tho, I've BITCH slapped some people with Banelings. I can't tell you how many bases I've wiped out in a matter of 10 seconds with about 30-50 Banelings... Then some other units to clean up the mess.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Parks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Planeman93 wrote:Don't worry, in time most all people will settle to a 50% win rate because of the matchmaker.

In theory, yes.

It never works out that way, however, due to a lot of practical reasons.
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Planeman93 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:50 am

Most of my teams are beginning to round out towards 50%, but for 1v1 and a some 2v2 teams I haven't played enough games to get down to that percentage.

I play Zerg too, and the banelings are the best. Its great to see a terran army get decimated by a bunch of banelings and zerglings.
Planeman93
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:54 am

Me and my buddy did some 2s matches last night. We got rolled by two Protoss who turtled up like a mofo and built all air. I tried to counter with all Corruptors, but they turtled up for so long that they had way too huge of an army to counter.

Then there's the next batch. They managed to barricade themselves into their base, so we went the Baneling/Marine rush route.
We CLEANNNNNNED out a huge pack of marauders and stalkers in seconds. Marines came out and cleaned out the rest. The Baneling rush is fun, cuz barely anyone plays zerg, and barely anyone uses Banelings in full force.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Planeman93 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:04 am

Yeah it used to be used more I feel like, and now it seems that its on a decline.
Planeman93
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:09 am

Well I use it in 2v2 a lot. My buddy plays Terran and techs towards air. I work towards Roaches and a mix of something else, either Hydras or mutas.
But usually it entails me going in for the initial rush. Whether it be 4 minutes into the match, or 10 minutes in.
If I take a major hit trying to weaken a guy, my Terran buddy goes and cleans up the scraps. From then on I work on flooding them with speedlings/Banelings to wipe out turrets, bunkers, and tightly packed ground forces.
It's a fun team dynamic that works well if you're not getting pestered from the beginning. It is an aggressive build tho. You do have to put the pressure on.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Planeman93 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah, 2v2 is all about the constant aggressive pressure. You can lose a lot of games by sitting back and doing little to nothing, especially if their is a zerg on your team.
Planeman93
Noob

Postby JimW » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:29 pm

After buying a new barebones computer and having a hell of a time getting everything working due to various crazy issues I was finally able to play on Sunday and it is quite awesome. I've mostly just played the campaign so far, did one melee vs. an AI yesterday. I doubt I'll play much multiplayer but I'm sure I'll take a swing at it sometime once I'm in a better groove with the game.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby Planeman93 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Muliplayer melee is the best part of the game imo.
Planeman93
Noob

Postby Parks » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:03 am

I haven't been so entertained by watching someone else play in a long time. Watch videos on this guy's channel, specifically the Huk vs. Morrow games: http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft

The commentator can be annoying, but he knows what he is talking about and these players show you the depth that this game has at the top levels.

These players are sick.
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.