Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby thedudeabides » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:03 am

I just discovered nesoid and rombuddy. For about six bucks you can play any old nes game on the droid. Also has other platforms to choose from. First up Final Fantasy 1, Goodbye boredom.
The end of the world will be televised.
thedudeabides
Noob
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:43 am
Location: ATL
Favorite Disc: spider

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby turso » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 am

So, anyone have a HTC Desire? I need to know how good the camera is with stills :)
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby dgdave » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:14 am

Probably not many have it since it's not available in the states yet. I think its the same as tge nexus 1 and it has a very decent camera. Also, froyo should be rolling out soon in europe
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby jnecessary » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:50 am

Rooted my droid and tried a basic Froyo rom, then CM2, pretty sweet, seems like the basic 2.2 was a bit faster and I can't seem to find my Easy Scorecard Pro on the market now!:( I think both roms have the market fix built in so that wouldn't be the reason.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Location: Iowa City
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby Jerrod » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:41 pm

thedudeabides wrote:I just discovered nesoid and rombuddy. For about six bucks you can play any old nes game on the droid. Also has other platforms to choose from. First up Final Fantasy 1, Goodbye boredom.


I just got a Captivate and put Nesoid on it. Do you get the ROM's of the regular torrent sites or something? I have never messed around with ROM's before.
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:14 am

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Jerrod wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:I just discovered nesoid and rombuddy. For about six bucks you can play any old nes game on the droid. Also has other platforms to choose from. First up Final Fantasy 1, Goodbye boredom.


I just got a Captivate and put Nesoid on it. Do you get the ROM's of the regular torrent sites or something? I have never messed around with ROM's before.

yeah i reckon roms from anywhere should work
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby dgdave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Check out this. Special edition Droid 2
Image
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby Luke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:48 am

Tits
Luke
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby dgdave » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:37 am

Anyone grab a Droid 2? I have an upgrade available and so does my wife. I really love my Droid. The Droid x and Droid 2 have a bootloader that wont let you do custom roms and that's kind of a deal breaker for me. Wish the Nexus would have made it to Verizon
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby thedudeabides » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:42 am

for roms search "rombuddy" in the market. for $2 you can get roms from about nes, snes, sega ms and gen, and gameboys. The 2 dollars is for the app and then you get all the roms you want.
The end of the world will be televised.
thedudeabides
Noob
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:43 am
Location: ATL
Favorite Disc: spider

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:20 am

dgdave wrote:Anyone grab a Droid 2? I have an upgrade available and so does my wife. I really love my Droid. The Droid x and Droid 2 have a bootloader that wont let you do custom roms and that's kind of a deal breaker for me. Wish the Nexus would have made it to Verizon


I just got a droid 2 through work and it rules
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby dgdave » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:22 am

I ended up passing on both of those. They really don't offer anything my Droid 1 doesn't.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby dgdave » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 am

There are a couple htc big boys coming to Verizon that have me excited.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby jnecessary » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:47 pm

dgdave wrote:There are a couple htc big boys coming to Verizon that have me excited.

same here but my droid1 does everything and the battery lasts almost 2 days clocked at 1.1ghz. Runing a CM6 nightly build from about 2 days ago and it is the best rom I have installed by far. Super fast and not a single hickup yet.

It will take a dual core and very hackable new phone to make me think of upgrading.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Location: Iowa City
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Smartphones/BBs/iPhones - Talk the talk!!

Postby dgdave » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:59 pm

How does that nightly build compare to the 6.0 release?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests