Forum visibility for new comers

Comments, Questions, Requests, or Suggestions relating to discgolfreview.com

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Forum visibility for new comers

Postby jist313 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Sorry if someone has already mentioned it, but I would really like to see the forum link made much more visible to new comers. This is a great website and discussion board, but I know many people who did not even know about the forums here. They basically just thought it was only disc reviews, but it is much more. I'm sure everyone will agree the discussions boards are high quality, and can really help all of our game. Can we move the link from the bottom of the page to a main feature for those new here. Or maybe just to be stupid make it a giant flashing pop up saying come here to lower scores, drive a mile or more, sink every putt guaranteed.
jist313
Noob

Postby jiwaburst » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:19 am

good idea, I second that.

The disc reviews are really less important to the quality of the site than the forums and articles.

Maybe just an auto-list of total posts and time of latest post, that would show the volume of use on the site and the fact that it is quite current.
jiwaburst
Tree Magnet

Postby jist313 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:12 pm

Blake,
What do you think can we make it easier for new comers to access the forums. It is a valuable wealth of knowledge but not everyone even knows the forums exist. they will look over the disc reviews but miss the most dynamic part of this site. I figure there could be at least a statement saying for indepth analyisis of all things disc golf please visit...... I am just trying to promote the site; many people I talk to have only seen the disc reviews but missed the forums. I know it took me a while to explore the site and click on the forums, if we made it the showcase I think it would really help a lot more people.
Thanks,
Eric
jist313
Noob

Postby LSUWizard » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:55 pm

I agree, it took me several months to notice the link. Once I did notice it, I assumed that it wasn't used very often since it was not more prominent.
LSUWizard
Noob

Return to Website Comments