BennettUA dyes, from now on :-)

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

BennettUA dyes, from now on :-)

Postby BennettUA » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Following the lead and just gonna put my dyes in the same thread from now on :D
Here's three I did this weekend for a new friend.
Two Kicker discs and a Gooding disc(band logo). Blue Kicker is a Z Flash, chartreusse Kicker is a Champion Valkyrie, and the Gooding disc is a Star Mako. All turned out beautifully!
These are all hand cut(plotter is due to arrive Thursday, I couldn't wait, but DAMMMMN these took a long time to cut and weed).
The Gooding disc is saturated Scarlet red, pic kinda looks faded and red"ish," but it's a nice dark red. Same with the Kickers, they look like they got burnt in these pics, but they didn't, perfectly clean, just took some quick pics on my office wall. What can I say, I'm tired :P

BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star Valkyrie

Re: BennettUA dyes, from now on :-)

Postby Booter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:13 pm

those are all great man. especially the kicker dyes! im a kicker fanboy . 2 kicker L7 15's here :mrgreen:
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby BennettUA » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:23 pm

booter wrote:those are all great man. especially the kicker dyes! im a kicker fanboy . 2 kicker L7 15's here :mrgreen:

Thanks Booter! Can't say I ever got into the stereo gig, but I always love getting my insides rattled by someone who knows what they're doing.
I'm quite proud of these, if I didn't know better I'd say they were done with a plotter, but these were all hand-cut. Sure took some time, but I'm very proud of the clean lines, especially the text, and the uniform thickness of the devil outline.
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby BennettUA » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Finally got a couple more done, both requests.
First is a Challenger, ESP FLX, Oberon logo(beer from Bell's). The colors are what you'd expect when starting with a blue disc, but the design is clean and it fits really well.

Second disc is a clear Z Express with a glaive dye for my old bassist. The glaive is a weapon from a somewhat obscure 80s sci-fi flick called "Krull." I might do this again, with the plotter next time. Most of this is painted, with the exception of the black outlines. Should look sweet flying through the air!

ImageImage
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby elnino » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:11 pm

The glaive is a weapon from a somewhat obscure 80s sci-fi flick called "Krull."

obscure? how dare you sir! how dare you!!!! j/k love the glaive was thinking about doing this one maybe dye the other one with the plotter bright blue or something cuz that might be hard to find if you throw it in the fall?
Positive feedback 56 Trade
Destroyer=Firebird=Striker=Roc=Wizard
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird/wizard

Postby BennettUA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm

OK, finally posting some of my stuff, I've been doing a lot of work with the plotter, and a lot of hand-cutting for some epic multi-color designs that will post once finished.

Here's the logo from the soon-to-complete website(HighFlyDyes.com). PLEASE do not steal this one, as it will be the logo for our business! Considerable time was spent on perfecting this one. On an MVP Ion:

Scarface on an ESP Buzzz:

Grateful Dead Steal Your Face / Dead Bear on a clear Champion Beast
This one's on sale on ebay, [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320577085896"]here's the auction[/url].
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 am

Quality dye work as usual, but considering the subject of your other dyes, this made me laugh.

BennettUA wrote:PLEASE do not steal this one, as it will be the logo for our business! Considerable time was spent on perfecting this one.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby BennettUA » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:32 pm

Knocked this out today for my brother(his bag has all of the Simpsons discs I've dyed).
Blinky, on an FLX ESP Avenger SS. A couple of bleeds on the tail, where the stamp was unusually deep(it was a misprint for this reason methinks), but otherwise clean and sharp.

BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby BennettUA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 am

A couple more I finally finished.
The Dead disc is up on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:46 am

ferretdance03 wrote:Quality dye work as usual, but considering the subject of your other dyes, this made me laugh.

BennettUA wrote:PLEASE do not steal this one, as it will be the logo for our business! Considerable time was spent on perfecting this one.

I also lold
"Hey guys check out these dyes of stolen artwork, soon to be up for sale........but see this one original one.....don't be ripping it off"
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby BennettUA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
ferretdance03 wrote:Quality dye work as usual, but considering the subject of your other dyes, this made me laugh.

I also lold
"Hey guys check out these dyes of stolen artwork, soon to be up for sale........but see this one original one.....don't be ripping it off"

It's more that since this will be the logo for a company that is specifically and only disc dyeing, anyone dyeing said logo will look like they work for us. Kinda like if you were showing clothes you made, and putting a Hilfiger label on it. Sort of....I don't know.... :)
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby Flipflat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:12 pm

That logo is sick! Good job.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby BennettUA » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:37 am

Finished these two last night, first is an EIU Panther on a Champion Panther, this one's for a new friend.

Next is Chairman Meow for a friend on his Star Orc.
BennettUA
Tree Magnet

Postby Les White 3.0 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:25 pm

damn! bro, your lines remain the coolest!
In Memoriam...
SSGT Darrell Griffin
US Army KIA 21 Mar 07
3rd Stryker Brigade

BOSS | XCALIBER | FIREBIRD | TEEBIRD | ROC | RHYNO
Les White 3.0
Noob

Favorite Disc: roc

Postby Roy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:45 am

I wonder if people bidding on the dead disc think they are getting a set of four discs or if they really like the dead?
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Next

Return to Disc Artwork