Bourban, wiskey or wisky

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bourban, wiskey or wisky

Postby krazybronco » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:53 pm

ok there are 55 pages of beer but dont get me wrong i love a beer after a round but what about bourbon

my personaly favs right now are Four Roses and also Elijah Craig 12 year old

but the question is what are you sipping tonight
NS destoryer, wraiths, beasts, firebird, teebird, leopard, rocs, and aviars
krazybronco
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: prefer 11x Teebird

Re: Bourban, wiskey or wisky

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Tequila
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby keltik » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 pm

I like a good highball of bourbon ginger ale and cherry juice. damn now I'm thirsty.

@jesse have you ever had a bandera? it's 1 shot each of tequila, lime juice, and spicy clamato all in separate glasses.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:30 pm

keltik wrote:@jesse have you ever had a bandera? it's 1 shot each of tequila, lime juice, and spicy clamato all in separate glasses.

anything involving Clamato goes squarely in my dont put into mouth category, If the tequila is good you shouldnt need to chase it with some grody clam juice :wink:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby A.Mutt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm not much of liquor drinker but I do love bourbon ... and some people look at me weird for this but I really like Wild Turkey, straight no chaser.
Magic + Challenger + Buzzz + Hornet + Tbird + PD + Valkyrie + Force + Nuke
A.Mutt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S-PD

Postby zj1002 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Bulleit
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:36 pm

I work at a tequila bar. I prefer bourbon or other american whiskey. Colorado Whiskey, Russel's Reserve and Woodsford all being good. I usually buy Bulleit or Jim Beam depending on budget (occasionally evan williams when I am feeling like using mixers).
Usually its one of my tea bowls (remember ceramic artist talking) with about 6-8 oz whiskey and 3 ice cubes.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Parks » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:32 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
keltik wrote:@jesse have you ever had a bandera? it's 1 shot each of tequila, lime juice, and spicy clamato all in separate glasses.

anything involving Clamato goes squarely in my dont put into mouth category, If the tequila is good you shouldnt need to chase it with some grody clam juice :wink:

This.

And I guess I'm weird, because my favorite straight shooter or sipper is gin. Both Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray are pretty solid and not too expensive.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:55 am

i have an affliction for any crown royal...esp their special reserve. Also, Knob Creek is delicious :)
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby JR » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:10 am

The closest to water of life I've tasted is Macallan 30 year old. Damn it is expensive. Very mild flavors but loads of different ones and a fairly long after taste. Very refined tastes. 1989 Royal Lochnagar from Blackadder is great and among the best I've had. Yummy indeed. I don't like normal Jack Daniels but had a sip off of some old one that is not the color series which was very good indeed. This was way older than the colored series oldest one. Some Rip Van Winkle was quite nice for the age prolly 12 year old. I'm not a whiskey enthusiast so I try not to actively store the details in my mind. But the OP text was somewhat puzzling because whiskey is processed beer. Distilled and matured in oak casks for at least three years. So the difference between beer and whiskey ain't that great IMO.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jaysus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:33 am

krazybronco wrote:ok there are 55 pages of beer but dont get me wrong i love a beer after a round but what about bourbon

my personaly favs right now are Four Roses and also Elijah Craig 12 year old

but the question is what are you sipping tonight

The Elijah Craig 12 year old is my daily pour... lucky for me PA state stores only sell it in half gallon bottles - and it seems to be on sale every other month.

This pic is a few months old; the Eagle Rare and Bookers are both RIP, and there is also a handle of Jim Beam Black in there now.

I got a free handle of Jim Beam white last year, and I've been using it as my DG flask drink... mostly because when I pull out the flask it gets shared - lol

P.S. I LOVE bourbon.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jaysus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:35 am

JR wrote:I'm not a whiskey enthusiast so I try not to actively store the details in my mind. But the OP text was somewhat puzzling because whiskey is processed beer. Distilled and matured in oak casks for at least three years. So the difference between beer and whiskey ain't that great IMO.

ummm.... oof
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NoLifeLeft » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:56 am

Rare Breed by Wild Turkey is freaking good for it's price. High octane, I've had friends complain about the extra alcohol presence but it doesn't bother me. They don't use any water in the blending process so it's just three different ages of bourbon blended straight from the barrels. Drink it straight, if your mixing drinks you should be buying mid-grade.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby garublador » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:05 am

I've considered making this thread a few times in the past, too.

If it were more available, and it hopefully will be again soon, my normal stuff would be Templeton Rye. Although, regular ol' Jameson isn't bad if I want something but don't want to spend too much. I have a bottle of 18 year Jameson that my wife gave me for my birthday that I break out for special occasions. I have a bottle of 12 year Balvenie that's really good, too. I've been meaning to get more into bourbon but haven't really taken the time to do it yet.

Has anyone tried the Rogue whiskey yet? I found some a few weeks ago and it's on the pricey side for how "good" it is. It's not bad, especially if you like the beer, but I think you can do way better for the price. I think it has potential, they just need more experience and probably some more aging.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby bill » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 am

the doublewood is gooooood
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.