Course in Yakima, Wa

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Course in Yakima, Wa

Postby Floodj32 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Are there any Disc Golfers in or near Yakima Wa? I recently moved here and I am looking to build a course in town. I am hoping there are others here that would like to see that happen. Please let me know who you are.
Striker|River|Halo|Pain|Flow|Pure|XXX|Blitz|Whippet
Floodj32
Noob

Favorite Disc: Striker

Re: Course in Yakima, Wa

Postby cerrgurry » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Not in Yakima but Walla Walla and would make a trip to play in Yakima :) Morning drive to yakima, drive to Columbia Park, drive to 2 rivers, then drive home. Of course between the drives I would have to play a round at each course :)
cerrgurry
Noob

Postby Floodj32 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 am

I will definately let everyone know here and on Northwest disc golf news if and when a course is up an running. There is a course in Grandview that is in the infant stages and is preatty much in an open field so it doesn't provide much of a challenge for a competition player. There are some locations here in Yakima that can support some nice and challenging courses. What I really need is a few other close to Yakima that are willing to help me talk with officials, raise $$, educate the public, and help build/maintain the course. I am willing to do a lot of the work myself, but I can not do it all alone being that my work does require me to travel and I will not always be able to respond if certain issues that may require immediate attension.
Striker|River|Halo|Pain|Flow|Pure|XXX|Blitz|Whippet
Floodj32
Noob

Favorite Disc: Striker

Postby himynameismatt » Thu May 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Portland, OR here. Have family up that way that we visit once or twice a year would definitely play a course there and would probably even make the drive up there for a tourney depending on the size.

Getting tired of the Western Oregon/Washington woods, Would like to play some of the more open courses I know exist on the East sides of both states.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby ddrsman509 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:00 pm

i maintain a 18 hole wooded course in the nile valley (up hwy 410).
ddrsman509
Noob

Favorite Disc: eagle from innova

Postby pancreas » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:22 pm

I am interested in getting a course back in operation in Yakima. Is the course in the Nile Valley available to the public or invited guests? Pancreas
pancreas
Noob

Favorite Disc: stingray

Postby money 21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 pm

got a message from a friend in that area saying something is going in. any of you portland guys no what happened to the plans for the blue lake course the Feldy was pushing? I am in The Dalles and would go up to Yakima to play a tourney.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby ddrsman509 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Its on a private 450 acre ranch.

It's not anything really speacial but it is the only 18 hole course in the yakima valley. I installed it back in 2009 with Instep baskets due to a lack of budget. Not looking to get "higher quality" baskets cause these ones do the job just as good as the $300 ones.

If you go to the Sport Has in Yakima they have my info there. If i cant take you on a tour of the course then one of the other 5 guys on staff here will be glad to instead.

Chris.
ddrsman509
Noob

Postby ddrsman509 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:35 pm

has anyone heard from the guy that was putting in a course in yakima? He said on his FB that he ordered the baskets. Was just wondering if anyone has heard anything.
ddrsman509
Noob

Return to General Discussion