Please take a gander at my drive

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Please take a gander at my drive

Postby fightfan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:53 am

View My Video

Reading around on here lately, I think I have an idea of what's going wrong, starting with bgetting my massive x-step under control.

I'm throwing around 290-300, but I constantly am burning discs over to the right with my release point and later anny the hell out of them in the air. Been reading about the whole trying too hard thing and think that's where I might be right now.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance
"wHEN THE GOING GETS WEIRD...THE WEIRD TURN PRO"
fightfan
Noob

Re: Please take a gander at my drive

Postby JR » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Gotta sleep after watching USDGC webcast. You should really push the elbow far in front of the body before straightening the elbow while accelerating from the right pec position. You're strong arming yanking the arm way to early. Also you need to really twist the hips farther right than the knees and the shoulders more to the right than the hips. The disc should move in a fairly straight line from the right pec position. Now you're pirouetting with the body and moving the arm too late to get you right.

Unwanted annies are prevented by stepping more to the right with the plant step that is your final step with the right leg and maintaining upright posture everywhere. No tilting the hips or twisting the ankles or dropping the right shoulder please.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Please take a gander at my drive

Postby DsmDisc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:14 pm

This looks like textbook strong-arming to me. It doesn't look like you get any 'whip' from your arm. Just what JR said, get your hips/shoulders into it. For me, it helped to just focus on my shoulder rotation, and the hips just did the work themselves.

The other thing I notice is you're weight back. This one is a little trickier to teach yourself to do, in fact I still struggle with it. Try slowing down and taking smaller steps, and work the shoulder rotation later. This will let your momentum carry you forward, instead of your arm pulling your body backwards with the momentum from the strong-arming.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Return to Video Critique