Best course in each state

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Best course in each state

Postby Ricker112 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:29 am

In Georgia.....Flyboy Aviation.....end of disscusion
I got a Pan, I got a plan, Ima fry dis chicken in my hand!
Ricker112
Noob

Postby LumberJack » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:08 am

West Michigan- Flip City.

I recently played BlueGill DGC in Wayland, it's a private course owned by Joe Gill and his family. Every type of shot is covered. Very challenging and fun. Wish I could play it all the time.

Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Will Aubrey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Just my opinion...

In Missouri - Jefferson Barracks - St. Louis
In Kentucky - Madisonville
In Indiana - Mesker Park - Evansville
In Tennessee - Crockett Park
Will Aubrey
Tree Magnet

Postby juju » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:13 pm

LumberJack wrote:Image

What a waste of a hole. I don't get why someone would design a hole with water that wouldn't come in to play...
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby LumberJack » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:19 am

The pin is located behind a second section of water. But it's true, it's easily defeated with a hyzer into the hill on the left or a jls (for me) right at it. The next hole on the course is the toughest of the water holes. It's about 290ish, pond on the left side and the pin is located on a perpendicular landmass that is about 35' deep with another pond behind it. It's fun.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby nilknarf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:21 am

for ohio i would say deis hill in dover or gordon holton memorial in delaware.
nilknarf
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Echo Katana

Postby Solbo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Massachusetts:

Maple Hill, home of the Vibram Open.
Pyramids, home of Marshall Street Disc Golf.
Borderland State Park.

^ Those are the top 3.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby Luke13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:56 am

Flyboy at Whitesburg in Georgia (private, gotta contact to play)
Luke13
Noob

Favorite Disc: SE Rhino

Postby roman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:23 am

I find that everyone's opinion of "best" varies. I prefer longer and less forgiving courses that kick my ass when I play them. So with that in mind, here are my top courses in Illinois (separated by halves because the state is damn long).

Down south: Foundation Park in Centralia, IL short tees to long pins (the 18-hole, not the 9)
North: McNaughton Park in Pekin, IL long tees
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby bill » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:35 pm

readysetstab wrote:i will 2nd waterworks for Missouri, but its very near kansas too.

i'll 3rd this one. more technical than long. it's a terrific course.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Dookville » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:43 pm

JHern wrote:Note that California is really two states...

SoCal: If you only play one...Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas, near Ventura. This is my favorite course I've played thus far (and I've played over 40 highly rated courses).

NorCal: Echoing Jesse, if you only play one, make it DeLaveaga, it is a classic course and very old disc golf culture. If more, Golden Gate Park, Stafford, Napa Valley (awesome course!), Grass Valley, Penn Valley, Bijou (Tahoe), Markleeville, New Hogan Dam, etc., come to mind.

While technically Coyote Point is Socal, and I hear it is fantastic, further south is more like the real Socal. La Mirada near Los Angelas is my fvorite and my home course. Oak Park in Pasadena is the original and Huntington Beach is the second permanent course ever built. (DG Historical courses) Morley Park in San Diego is even further south and that is a really nice course. PM me if you ever want to play La Mirada.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Alaska - Kincaid....but we're building a mountain course this June where the longest hole will be over 1000' down hill. I think this will surpass Kincaid. I believe our State Champions in 2011 will be held at Kincaid 2x18 and 2x18 at Hilltop.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Mark Ellis » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Michigan has a wealth of fine courses.

I prefer very challenging (if not punishing) types. My top 3 are Blue Gill (Wayland), Leviathan (Ludington) and Flip City (Shelby). There are another dozen world class courses just a notch below those and more going in every year.

Dual course locations at Milford (Kensington Black Locust and Toboggan), Whitmore Lake (Independence Lake Park, Picnic and Chuck D. Memorial), Ludington (Mason County Park, Beast and Goliath) and Dexter (Hudson Mills, Original and Monster).

Single course locations at Traverse City (Hickory Hills), Oshtemo (Oshtemo Twp Park), Battle Creek (Kimble Pines), Lansing (Grand Woods), Ypsilanti (Rolling Hills), Albion (Victory Park) and Holly (Circle D Ranch).

We even have a few courses which polarize its players, garnering love or hate and sometimes both: Kalamazoo (Coldbrook), Flint (Goldenrod) and Huron Twp (Willow).
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby Apothecary » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Dookville wrote:

SoCal: If you only play one...Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas, near Ventura. This is my favorite course I've played thus far (and I've played over 40 highly rated courses).

NorCal: Echoing Jesse, if you only play one, make it DeLaveaga, it is a classic course and very old disc golf culture. If more, Golden Gate Park, Stafford, Napa Valley (awesome course!), Grass Valley, Penn Valley, Bijou (Tahoe), Markleeville, New Hogan Dam, etc., come to mind.

While technically Coyote Point is Socal, and I hear it is fantastic, further south is more like the real Socal. La Mirada near Los Angelas is my fvorite and my home course. Oak Park in Pasadena is the original and Huntington Beach is the second permanent course ever built. (DG Historical courses) Morley Park in San Diego is even further south and that is a really nice course. PM me if you ever want to play La Mirada.

oh man. its oak grove. ;) now say 10 hail eds as penance. :lol:

casitas is the boobies. best in ca, bar none.

best course in oregon is dexter (that ive played anyway...havent played hornings but hear good things about it.)

in utah you cant beat solitude. take the ski lift up and shoot all the way down. 8)

played wolcot lake in idaho. its rated pretty highly and its a really fun course too.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Dookville » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Apothecary wrote:
Dookville wrote:

oh man. its oak grove. ;) now say 10 hail eds as penance. :lol:

casitas is the boobies. best in ca, bar none.

best course in oregon is dexter (that ive played anyway...havent played hornings but hear good things about it.)

in utah you cant beat solitude. take the ski lift up and shoot all the way down. 8)

played wolcot lake in idaho. its rated pretty highly and its a really fun course too.

I must admit that Oak Grove was special, played it in a bit of a rush.....I promise to go back and pay it proper homage.

And....I must must must get up to Casitas.

How does Yucaipa compare to Casitas?
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

PreviousNext

Return to Courses