politics

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Jwt4412 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 pm

tracking is childern recieve a general edu until a certain age when they are given a test and then they are sent to different schools based on their individual natural abilities

This is the subject matter of at least 100 bad movies...

Why not go the full monty and endorse the concept in Logan's Run...

What makes America great are the intangibles... it's not because our plumbers are the people amoung us who are "the best with their hands" because of some test in middle school...

Stunning you don't think you can keep control of yourself two, three, four or five posts into a political thread... that you started.

Facts can be frustrating.

Says much.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Fritz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:19 am

On the Education stats, if you look at the reports, and check where the stats come from, the United States Includes ALL of our schools, not just the top ones or private ones. The #'s in the United States are true education #'s not misleading numbers, because they were only taking from the top schools.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Fritz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:22 am

Jwt4412 wrote:And while the press was focused on who got shot in the face by the VP, Bush got Historic Agreements over in India.

Just like the media to bury anything good. God forbid we show positive outcomes over in that region of the world.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Smyith » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:44 am

Fritz wrote:On the Education stats, if you look at the reports, and check where the stats come from, the United States Includes ALL of our schools, not just the top ones or private ones. The #'s in the United States are true education #'s not misleading numbers, because they were only taking from the top schools.

Where did you pull this out of? FYI these studies are done by non government funded firms. i'm just gonna go ahead and say it was probably from a biased source.

It seems to me you guys are both people who believe whatever they hear in the news or read in the newspaper. Have u ever expierenced another country or seen what it is truely like. its such a pathetic belief of american culture to assume that we are better in everything and that we only tell the truth about ourselves (LOL!) Nationalism is a scary thing. we wonder why the world hates us...hmmmm. and not just the "terrorists" we are the joke to the entire world.

this is the exact statement i didnt want to say but im gonna say it.
"You are brainwashed!" You need to get outside the box for a bit and look in dont let the people tell you whats what find out whats what for yourself. If you dont think your brainwashed thats really sad cause then you are definitly. and "yes" i realize i have been brainwashed and ive struggled to break from it. they dont call it propaganda for nothing.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:45 am

Smyith wrote:
Fritz wrote:On the Education stats, if you look at the reports, and check where the stats come from, the United States Includes ALL of our schools, not just the top ones or private ones. The #'s in the United States are true education #'s not misleading numbers, because they were only taking from the top schools.

Where did you pull this out of? FYI these studies are done by non government funded firms. i'm just gonna go ahead and say it was probably from a biased source.

It seems to me you guys are both people who believe whatever they hear in the news or read in the newspaper. Have u ever experienced another country or seen what it is truly like. its such a pathetic belief of American culture to assume that we are better in everything and that we only tell the truth about ourselves (LOL!) Nationalism is a scary thing. we wonder why the world hates us...hmmmm. and not just the "terrorists" we are the joke to the entire world.

this is the exact statement i didnt want to say but im gonna say it.
"You are brainwashed!" You need to get outside the box for a bit and look in dont let the people tell you whats what find out whats what for yourself. If you dont think your brainwashed thats really sad cause then you are definitely. and "yes" i realize i have been brainwashed and ive struggled to break from it. they dont call it propaganda for nothing.

From my Schooling. I had a couple education classes and we had discussions about the education statistics of the US vs Other countries and how the United States includes all our schools, not just the top/private ones.
I'd have to do some digging in my old files, to find the info.

and Yes I have Experienced other countries. And from my experiences, the US takes a lot of stuff for granted. People in this country don't realize how good they got it.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Fritz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:49 am

To your question about the us being a "joke" to the world. If we are such a Joke then why do they always CRY and Beg for help when shit hits the fan? Everytime someone tries to take over the world or does some really evil shit in their lands, the US is expected to bail everyone out. When the US donated more money then the rest of the world to India for the Tsunami relief it wasn't enough, we were expected to give more. So yeah they all hate us till they need some help. Quite the Relationship we have going there. :roll:
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:28 am

We are God's gift to the World. I mean that. Thousands of years went by with no improvement other that some bloke figured out how to put a bag behind a horse...

Then America Happend...

The common man flies, owns his own car, watched color t.v, eats heated food in thirty seconds, is free of almost every life threatening disease mother nature can throw at us... you get the idea.

Before America, you could keep track of history by counting rings in a tree - after America - a text book is outdated twenty minutes after it rolls off the presses.

Joke?

Fascinating...
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Smyith » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:39 pm

The No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) was signed into law by President Bush in January 2002. The legislation includes tough accountability provisions and consequences for schools that fail to help their students meet high academic standards. In return, the Federal government – Democrats and Republicans – pledged a new investment of resources to help states and schools navigate the sometimes difficult road to reform.

But the Federal government is already turning its back. President Bush's budget proposal for the 2005-2006 school year is more than $9 billion below what was supposed to be provided to states and local school districts.

from http://durbin.senate.gov/issues/nclb.cfm

Jwt4412 all i have to say is wow! you got it bad man really bad. and if you are talking about things like inventions, look at how many of those huge inventions were by people from other countries living in the usa. History has been kept track of since the egyptians with amazing accuracy. i dont know if you have study much history but if before america there was no history then how do have it to study...hmmm. remember HISTORY IS ALWAYS CHANGING. yea when a new textbook is written it is actually out-of-date before it is even finished.

Fritz that doesn't mean they don't think we are a joke. the fact is that we are the big boy on the block and have the most military might (and probably political too, behind the pope of corse).
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Durbin?

Durbin is your source?

Smyithe,

My point about history isn't about the accuracy that people were able to record their history, it is the fact that thousands of years, hundreds of years, decades would go by without anything significant changing - then America Happend AND the WORLD BENEFITTED.

Thanks for playing...

I find it interesting that people who don't think America is the bestest and the greatest country on the planer are always the ones who vote for the Democrats...

Says much.
Last edited by Jwt4412 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Smyith » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Jwt4412 wrote:My point about history isn't about the accuracy that people were able to record their history, it is the fact that thousands of years, houndreds of years, decades would go by without anything significant changing - then America Happend AND the WORLD BENEFITTED.

Thanks for playing...

I find it interesting that people who don't think America is the bestest and the greatest country on the planer are always the ones who vote for the Democrats...

Says much.

I don't vote demo i vote on issue i was just reading through the canidates this year and came across that. i guess you are a republican and probably religious, thats to bad, your really deep inside the box. people who vote on party are one of the biggest problems in our political system, that and the electoral college. educate yourself on theissues decide were you stand and find someone who meets those issues, vote for that person. who cares if there is a D or R next to their name.

maybe you issed the point about the fact most of those great inventions and such are from foriegners living here (many were refugees from war). i find it funny that you think that w/o america the world would be in choas, another country would have assumed the role.

also, why is that the republican party itself is starting to turn on Bush. you know something f-ed up when your own party begins turning their back on you. think about this there is a really good chance bush will be impeached this upcoming year.

and another thing religion should not be brought into politics. our forefathers tried to make the point that there needs to exsit a seperation of church and state.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Torg » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:49 pm

Not to totally avoid the subject of this discussion http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2005/ARWU2005_Top100.htm is a listing of the opt 100 Universities in the world, ranked by some organization in Japan.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby Smyith » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Torg wrote:Not to totally avoid the subject of this discussion http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2005/ARWU2005_Top100.htm is a listing of the opt 100 Universities in the world, ranked by some organization in Japan.

im not saying that our universites are bad. we definitly have the majority of the best. im talking primary and secondary education.

but just to say on that, idk about you guys but the majority of my teachers in universities have been foriegn born, except when i was an anthro major.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:07 pm

smyithie,

I vote cross party lines all of the time - mostly state and local elections, but there ain't no way in hell I am voting for a party with Pelosi, Kennedy, Murtha, Dean and Durbin to be in CHARGE when there are Jihadist trying to kill Americans.

And as for Religion and our forefathers...

Forget what Schoolhouse Rock has taught you and actually look at the facts...

Here is a list of the first couple of sentences of every State Constitution in the Union...

http://www.life-support-usa.com/spirit9.html

Now tell me about the role of Religion in American Politics again...
Last edited by Jwt4412 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Smyith » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:08 pm

Jwt4412 wrote:Jihadist trying to kill Americans.

Here is a list of the first couple of sentences of every State Constitution in the Union...

http://www.life-support-usa.com/spirit9.html

Now tell me about the role of Religion in American Politics again...

that first line is powerful statement i'm suprised you would go that far to say that. but by the way those people arent particularly liked in their own party. i can gurantee you i wont be voting for durbin he is a dick.

just because they use god in the consitiutions does not mean that there is a mingling of church and state. yes thisis a protestant nation (for the most part) and was created partly upon those prinicpals. but our forefathers used the enlightenment philosophy to make our nation which had very little to do with god. its hard to get away from religion in a time when it was so huge and most educated people were taught by church funded schools.

as for schoolhouserock non of my opinions are generated from that. my major is history and mainly u.s. history. so yes i do know what i am talking about. i dont get my information from a biased textbook written for the lay person. i get it from the original documents.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:23 pm

You mean the original documents that show official Churches of particular States?

Those original documents?

The Official Church of the State of Mass.?

The Official Church of the State of Vermont?

How pray tell to do you think the Ten Commandments and Moses made it on the walls in the Supreme Court or Muhamed made it into the carvings over the door ways of the Supreme Court?

Religion is weaved into our very existence... May I suggest you reread Penn's Quote from the link.

You think he was the only who thought like that back in the day?

If you are a history major than you know better than most that the founders believed that America was meant to be and founded as a safe haven and an incubator for Religion - it was first and foremost in their minds.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.