2010 Player's Cup

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

2010 Player's Cup

Postby Steven Dodge » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Vibram Disc Golf, working with Mike Barnett and Sun King Discs, is proud to announce the rebirth of the Player's Cup as the world's premier Match Play Championship event.

Yeehaw!

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/playerscup/

If you're scared, say you're scared.
Steven Dodge
VP of VPs

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: 2010 Player's Cup

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm scarred
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby victorb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm not scared, but since I'm an AM1 player I won't get to play anyway
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby ChUcK » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:43 am

I'm skurred. Does that count?
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby rehder » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:37 am

Very nice...Thats really cool

Only thing I miss would be a euro qualifying event.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 pm

The north-east region looks really tiny compared to the other areas.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Steven Dodge » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Registration is now open.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/playerscu ... ation.html

Sorry for the day delay.
Steven Dodge
VP of VPs

Postby JHern » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 pm

It would be nice if that website had a better explanation of WTF this is, anyways...
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Steven Dodge » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 am

The stars are aligning on the 2010 Player’s Cup. With eight of the top ten players in the world attending, this will be one of the premier events of the 2010 disc golf season. Being held in sunny Ocala, FL on November 19-21, 2010, and having live video coverage with commentary from Billy Crump and Liz Carr, this will be one event you do not want to miss.

You can get in on the action:

Play in the Player’s Cup! There are seven spots left. 57 of the 64 reserved spots into the Player’s Cup have been claimed. This means that there are seven spots that are being offered to any PDGA member that wants to play. Sign up now to secure your spot: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/playerscu ... vited.html

Get ready to pick your bracket! On Sunday, October 24th at 10 PM EST, the bracket pairings will be picked. Find out who Nikko, Feldberg, Climo, McCabe, Brinster and all the other players will be facing off in their first match – and who they might face if they win. Watch the live Player’s Cup Bracket Show here: http://www.livestream.com/vibramdg

Help us spread the word: Facebook, Tweet, email, call, visit with your friends. Talk it up at league, at school, at the dairy. With your help, we can get the word out about our live coverage and get people excited. The more people that compete in the bracket, the faster the sport will grow. You want to help the sport grow? Watch the live broadcast and tell your friends to watch it too. We don’t need your money (although we’ll be happy for the support), what we need is your attention and for you to make sure you support our sponsors. They make all this possible, because you should want their products.

So …

If you want to play, sign up fast: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/playerscu ... vited.html

If you like to pick brackets, watch the bracket show here: http://www.livestream.com/vibramdg Airs on Sunday, October 24th at 10 PM EST

If you want to grow the sport, watch the live broadcast and tell your friends to watch. And buy products from our sponsors. http://www.playerscup.org/

Thanks for your support, let’s blow the roof off this sport!
Steven Dodge
VP of VPs

Postby Steven Dodge » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 am

JHern wrote:It would be nice if that website had a better explanation of WTF this is, anyways...

It is the biggest Match Play disc golf tournament ever. It is the NCAA's March Madness on disc golf. It is a way to get spectators involved and caring about each match, hole and even every shot. You gonna fill out your bracket?
Steven Dodge
VP of VPs

Postby Steven Dodge » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:17 am

Spots are all full. I'll be posting a link for anyone who wants to get on the waitlist.
Steven Dodge
VP of VPs

Postby JHern » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Steven Dodge wrote:
JHern wrote:It would be nice if that website had a better explanation of WTF this is, anyways...

It is the biggest Match Play disc golf tournament ever. It is the NCAA's March Madness on disc golf. It is a way to get spectators involved and caring about each match, hole and even every shot. You gonna fill out your bracket?

It is starting to make a little sense. Looks like I can still pay $50 on that site to register for my region via paypal, even though it says the tournament already happened on 2 October. And seriously, clicking on the region brings up the registration page, instead of the results? This is not the kind of organization that will get us spectators engaged, you know?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
JHern

Postby Steven Dodge » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:09 am

Hopefully this will get people excited and involved. Bracket goes live tonight. Watch the Bracket Show tonight at 10 PM EST. Click Live Coverage from the Player's Cup site: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/playerscup/

Steven Dodge
VP of VPs

Postby JHern » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Cool, I filled a bracket already.

I took a look at the course photos...I'm amazed how wide open it is (I'm not used to seeing courses with so few trees...maybe Fountain Hills in AZ was the last time). This will play like driving discs down a ball golf course fairway (sprinkle in an odd tree or two here or there). And totally flat, too. No uphill or downhill skills required. Long throwers with only modest control skills will do well. But those with great rollers will play very very well...I predict Ken Climo takes it all in a final versus Nikko Locastro.
Japan bag...
JHern

Return to Tournaments