Discraft Nuke

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby Booter » Sat May 29, 2010 4:18 pm

nuke x's are more overstble than reg nukes, less glide too. i have 6 AND neither of them had the dome of some of the poppy top memorial nukes. however, the nuke x works great in a head wind and still able to punch out there for decent d
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby turso » Sat May 29, 2010 4:40 pm

booter wrote:nuke x's are more overstble than reg nukes, less glide too. i have 6 AND neither of them had the dome of some of the poppy top memorial nukes. however, the nuke x works great in a head wind and still able to punch out there for decent d

How's the stability compared to a boss? How much less glide, non-existant glide or still some left?
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby Booter » Sat May 29, 2010 4:45 pm

eh its been a long time since ive thrown a boss but id say its about as stable as a DF domey boss if not more. ive never really thrown the nuke x in a calm wind,mainly for ridiculous wind situations. i wouldnt say the glide is non existent but it is a little less than the regular nuke. id say mainly because of the smaller dome and increased stability.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby victorb » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:59 am

(slight necrobump)

I picked up and threw my first ESP Nuke this week. Very fast, bomby disc, but it's a little bit unpredictable at least when compared to destroyers.

I might keep it for wide open distance for a little while, but the extra 20' over destroyers isn't really worth the loss of consistency, at least so far.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:27 pm

I wonder if they've changed since mine handles wind better and is at least but I'd say more consistent than Destroyers. Mine is an early one.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby victorb » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:00 am

JR wrote:I wonder if they've changed since mine handles wind better and is at least but I'd say more consistent than Destroyers. Mine is an early one.

from everything I've read, the first runs and memorial nukes were quite a bit more stable than the production versions. the nukes that I have are super flippy compared to my destroyers.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:19 am

the memorials were flippy too
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby victorb » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 am

dgdave wrote:the memorials were flippy too

I'm just going off of what I've heard/read...only ones that I've thrown have been production ESPs, and FR Zs.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby discspeed » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 am

The more I test my Z Nuke, the more I'm thinking the Destroyer is really the limit of what is comfortable in my hand rim width-wise. Yesterday it was hot as balls (95 with 70% humidity) and sweat was a real issue. I keep a rosin bag and such, but with that giant handle and the Z plastic I could not even get a solid grip yesterday as my hands were never 100% dry and clean. It cooled in the evening and I threw it a couple of times, but it is wild compared to my Destroyers. Currently I'm alternating between stalling it out too high, and flipping it when I try and keep it low. I'm starting to think that perhaps the tree hit I had did make it more flippy because I've turned it just about every time since that hit. Either way, its not even close to Destroyer stability (at least not the domey ones I throw).
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby discspeed » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:31 am

victorb wrote:
dgdave wrote:the memorials were flippy too

I'm just going off of what I've heard/read...only ones that I've thrown have been production ESPs, and FR Zs.

Memorials were variable in stability...I heard the whites were stable, but the yellows certainly were flippy.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 pm

discspeed wrote:The more I test my Z Nuke, the more I'm thinking the Destroyer is really the limit of what is comfortable in my hand rim width-wise. Yesterday it was hot as balls (95 with 70% humidity) and sweat was a real issue. I keep a rosin bag and such, but with that giant handle and the Z plastic I could not even get a solid grip yesterday as my hands were never 100% dry and clean. It cooled in the evening and I threw it a couple of times, but it is wild compared to my Destroyers. Currently I'm alternating between stalling it out too high, and flipping it when I try and keep it low. I'm starting to think that perhaps the tree hit I had did make it more flippy because I've turned it just about every time since that hit. Either way, its not even close to Destroyer stability (at least not the domey ones I throw).

This is pretty much where I'm at. The "new toy syndrome" is wearing out. I'm getting consistently longer drives with my Surge's and even Teebirds. I hardly even use the Nuke on the course for this reason. It's hard to get consistency with it in the field, much less on a course. Wind really seems to affect the flight more than I thought it would too. Hey though, every 10th throw or so goes far. :lol:
Challengers-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-Wraiths-Destroyers
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:12 am

All joking aside, I discovered something during field practice which was kinda weird. When I concentrated on throwing the Nuke almost like a Roc or Putter shot I was able to get more consistency and some serious long flights. My slowest pull went around 430 on flat ground no wind which is good d for me and felt almost strangely effortless. (google earth d not message board d) If I tried to throw it even close to how I throw my Surges it was inconsistent and tended to flip more than I wanted and was shorter. My form is pretty slow, short, and methodical anyway but my best Nuke throws were VERY slowed and felt strange. Even adjusting hyzer angle at faster speeds still yielded inconsistent results. For me personally this is something I've never experienced with any other wide rimmed drivers (even the Katana.) Am I over thinking this and just missing something obvious or what?
Challengers-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-Wraiths-Destroyers
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby jnecessary » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:31 am

That is actually how I've seen (not thrown) the longest Z Nuke tosses..One guy from the area threw one about 575' maybe 600' in a tourney yesterday on a line that was about 35-40' high, maybe higher than that and it flipped over and just went forever. The hole was best played for most people to get about 400' from the tee and have a 200' or so straight hyzer to the pin (or huge spike over the trees to the pin) with the corner defined by a huge tree about 530' from the tee, his drive flipped and then S'd around the huge tree leaving what looked like a jump put for 2!
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Timko » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 am

Would that "guy" be MDR?
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby jnecessary » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Timko wrote:Would that "guy" be MDR?

Ben Callaway
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment