DX Wraith, and some other discs.... Star and the like...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:38 pm

if its dropping of straight down, it would even be hard to get a golden retriever to pull anything up that.

thats a nice throw on 8 (expo) How did you end up left up the hill, was it a fairly straight shot w/ little fade or right turn? THeres not much room to fade from the right over the top of the basket is there?
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Fritz » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:44 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:if its dropping of straight down, it would even be hard to get a golden retriever to pull anything up that.

thats a nice throw on 8 (expo) How did you end up left up the hill, was it a fairly straight shot w/ little fade or right turn? THeres not much room to fade from the right over the top of the basket is there?

Yea, I put a little Anhyzer on the disc and it faded between the trees.

Played Pueblo today and man it was a beautiful day. I'm loving this Valkyrie and DX Wraith more an more, lost a roc today tho, totally shanked a shot on #11 full speed toss dead smack intot eh center of the tree 10feet from the tee box. Roc = Taco. Really bummed too it was one of my favorite Ching Rocs.
I ended up Even going into #16, then I bogey that hole, then Circle 6 #17 and par out. I was so bummed, still one of my best rounds ever on that course.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Blake_T » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:56 pm

flex the roc back and forth until the taco is gone
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Smyith » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:27 pm

you know i was pissed when i tacoed one of my old rocs but it ended up being straighter. so i was happy then i tacoes it again and it got straighter and again and again. now its a great anhyzer. i did a little bending back but mostly left it alone.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 am

Nice, I'll have to do that. I loved this roc. I ahve backups, but this one is already beat in lol.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:42 am

never much cared for the DX plastic, besides side by side comparisons.....I can get the same distance out of DX, PRO, and CHAMPION.

HOWEVER, The new Star Line yeilds about 20ft more and has the added bonus of being slightly more overstable. DX just always seemed too flippy for me. I can now throw star plastic on a straighter holding line with an almost non existant S curve meaning that it comes out of flat for about 5 feet of rightward shift before going back to flat to glide. Look out long tunnel shots.
LastBoyScout

Postby Fritz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:35 am

LastBoyScout wrote:never much cared for the DX plastic, besides side by side comparisons.....I can get the same distance out of DX, PRO, and CHAMPION.

HOWEVER, The new Star Line yeilds about 20ft more and has the added bonus of being slightly more overstable. DX just always seemed too flippy for me. I can now throw star plastic on a straighter holding line with an almost non existant S curve meaning that it comes out of flat for about 5 feet of rightward shift before going back to flat to glide. Look out long tunnel shots.

Yeah, I'm really loving the Star Valkyrie. It's about 15-20feet longer then my DX Valkyrie.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

valk

Postby twmccoy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:09 pm

My longest valkyrie is a 165 champ model. This one just plain hauls ass and glides so well. I haven't thrown any other valk that could match it so far.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Previous

Return to Equipment