Population Control the Only Answer?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Population Control the Only Answer?

Postby Dig It » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 am

discspeed wrote:To kind of cross threads with the religion thread...Here's a scary scenario: The huge Christian population in this country pretty much votes Republican. Global warming is happening...What if the Republicans claim that there is no global warming, but instead truly believe it is the apocalypse as described in Revelations, so feel no responsibility to try and fix it? The Republicans who aren't really Christians are rich businesspeople who don't want to regulate their industries anyway and care little about the environment/future generations, so they would love a convenient excuse not to care.

Dude, that's real life and not some future scary scenario.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby discspeed » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 am

It is way bigger than just depleting resources...The Earth will not sustain itself in it's current state of deforestation/environmental degradation. We already have way too many people for ecosystems to do their jobs(cleaning air/water/recycling nutrients/providing balance) the way they are supposed to. We've done so much damage already that we need to de-develop and renaturalize most the planet to have any hope.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:21 am

Dig It wrote:Simply put the more equal our world makes the female half the better chances of staving off population explosion we have. From what I have read population growth/explosion is happening where women are treated as breeding stock rather than equals, i.e. less developed nations. So instead of thinking about what kind of mass murder we will have to accomplish we should be thinking of how to liberate the females from their oppressors.

BTW what I read was Threshold by Thom Hartmann.
See also:
http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globa ... n_pop.html

I think a good 'ol fashioned feminist movement is in order anyway, I'm tired of all the crazy things women do for aesthetics. Down with makeup!
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:21 am

Frank Delicious wrote:Hey isn't this what that crappy movie The Happening was about?

crappy!?!?!?! Everything m knight shyamalan does is pure genius. :D
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:05 pm

Threads like this make me a very sad panda. The Christian bashing gets old, quickly.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Wabbajack » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 pm

get rid of all the right handed people in the world.
Wabbajack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Katana

Postby jubuttib » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Wabbajack wrote:get rid of all the right handed people in the world.

I approve of this message.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:56 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:Hey isn't this what that crappy movie The Happening was about?

crappy!?!?!?! Everything m knight shyamalan does is pure genius. :D

That movie freaked me out. The best part was the guy who laid down in front of the massive lawnmower.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby BrotherDave » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Fun read on earlier civilisations destroying themselves. The chapter on Easter Island is hilarious.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Dump truck » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Even though I was raised in a christian household I pretty much agree with doing something about overpopulation. I think people should have to get licensed to have kids. Were definitely losing the war. Dumb people are breeding faster than we are. We need to figure out a way to "fix" people at birth or at puberty. Or ship all these worthless non working government assisted rejects to some deserted island. Kind of like Australia...
omega/rhyno/comet/torque/hornet/valk/pd/nuke/destroyer
Dump truck
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Jeronimo wrote:Threads like this make me a very sad panda. The Christian bashing gets old, quickly.

Did you mean to post this on the religion thread? If it was in response to my post (which is the only one that mentioned Christians), I was bashing Republicans more than Christians. It just really pisses me off that they (Republicans) won elections by pandering to short sighted people and vowing to repeal the cap and trade system for companies polluting the air and water. They honestly want everyone to be able to pollute for free. How is that not fucked up?

This thread really has nothing to do with Christianity.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 pm

there is lots of studies that say that the population is stabilizing and even declining due to average women in first world countries having less children than prior generations......obviously what we are doing with our current numbers still isnt sustainable though so.....
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 pm

discspeed wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:Threads like this make me a very sad panda. The Christian bashing gets old, quickly.

Did you mean to post this on the religion thread? If it was in response to my post (which is the only one that mentioned Christians), I was bashing Republicans more than Christians. It just really pisses me off that they (Republicans) won elections by pandering to short sighted people and vowing to repeal the cap and trade system for companies polluting the air and water. They honestly want everyone to be able to pollute for free. How is that not fucked up?

This thread really has nothing to do with Christianity.

It would have been better suited there yes, but I put it here because that was two threads in one day that spoke negatively of Christians (and you clearly mentioned Christianity). Now that I've taken a second look at your post though I probably wouldn't have posted it again. I get frustrated with the typecasting though. It's not necessarily the person that makes the typecasting comment's fault though, a lot of so called "Christians" behave poorly in their lifestyles. This isn't the first time I've heard the connection spoken between Republican's/Christians and a general lack of concern for the planet and there really should not be any connection there. There is nothing in the Bible about treating Creation poorly, in fact it's quite the opposite. Frequently through out the entire Bible we're told to be good stewards and that obviously applies to the places we live. It's so contradictory to say "destroying the planet is not our problem", YES IT IS. Polluting is like spitting in God's eye. In fact, logically it should be the non-Christian who does not care for the planet. After all, if it's all here by accident it's not my responsibility to take care of things. Right? Anyway, I don't want to drag this thread down the religious road either. Consider this more a vent on fucktards who call themselves followers of Christ that demonstrate hypocritical bullshit by showing no respect for what they believe he created in the first place.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Dude Christians are so gay amirite? creationism...... :lol:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby sunspot » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm

sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.