Black Ops

Postby Pwingles » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:00 pm

whos playing it on 360?
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: Black Ops

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:04 pm

ive been teetering on buying it all day but honestly ive always preferred Halo or Battlefield games to COD as far as multiplayer goes......maybe i should try to get into this one though :?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby BLURR » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:41 pm

Pretty sweet game so far. The XP/Fake money thing to buy weapons is kind of cool.

The campaign seems solid so far. The graphics in the campaign also seem very polished.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby sunspot » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm

PC anyone?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby NoLifeLeft » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm digging some of the tweaks. No quickscoping, the noob tube isn't as exploitable, killstreaks don't count towards other killstreaks.

I think the RC XD is a little easy to get.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:34 am

NoLifeLeft wrote:No quickscoping

explain.

edit: I quit being lazy and researched myself, shots fired too quickly with the sniper rifle are inaccurate. Interesting, I did enjoy me some quickscoping but it is quite unrealistic.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby NoLifeLeft » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 pm

In MW2, if you brought up the scope on a sniper rifle and pulled the trigger just as the scope was coming up to the camera you'd get an insanely accurate shot that was often a one shot kill without actually aiming through the scope. This made snipers very effective even in close quarters where it was unrealisticly useful.

In Black Ops, if you don't allow the scope to settle the shot will basically be blind luck.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 pm

It's pretty unrealistic that you would even be running around with the Barrett 50 calat all, it weighs 30 lbs!
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby mobster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

We're all talking about this game, right?

mobster
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Nuke SS

Postby Itchy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Wasn't running around, but I've shot a mounted .50 cal... it was pretty fun.

Bottom left, it's right next to a .30-06
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 am

What kinda setups are you guys rocking?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 am

I'm probably going to trade in Black Ops today for Gran Turismo 5.
Only 1 of my close friends is playing it. And that's the major reason I buy games, to play multiplayer with buddies.
I like some parts of the game, but I think they got a lot wrong with it.
I think the weapons have a weird feel to em. There's times where I swear I hit someone center mass for a good 2-3 bursts and I'm the one that gets dropped first. The spawn points are HORRIBLE. I swear I'll run thru an area clearing everything to the side of me as I move, only to get hit from behind a couple of seconds later. They'll spawn ppl behind you away from the majority of their team mates.

I actually do fairly well in it, I just don't really dig it.
My weapon setups are basically an M14 setup with red dot, M16 setup (mid range maps). Sub Machine AK setup for closer maps and FFA (with fast reload), Anti Air with Large machine gun and anti air secondary, and sniper.
Almost all my setups run Ghost and Marathon. I've gone thru each special equipment option and I keep going back to the gas grenade. You'd be surprised how helpful it is. It'll slow an opponent down to where you can either smother him and kill him, or even have enough time to double back behind em for the surprise backstab.

The motion detector is good for a sniping setup. I'm a huge anti-camping fan... but I did a LOT of run and gun sniping in MW2. THe motion detector works when I set up shop in a room and watch a street in 15-20 second intervals. Then I'll pick it up and move on over. Only problem is I think they overdid the level design. It's annoying. The PC version guys are complaining out the ass because it's so damn linear. Clearly designed for console gaming with a joystick.
PLus they screwed up on the PS3. THe frame rate is pretty bad on the PS3 version, the party system is jacked up ONCE AGAIN.
That pisses me off more than anything. The list of games that get the party system right is so limited that it makes me want to not buy games for it anymore. Anyways. Enough ranting. Gran Turismo starts today....
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby NoLifeLeft » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 am

My TDM weapon of choice was a suppressed Galil until I unlocked the full-sized AK (also suppressed). The AK74u rocks for the chaotic small maps (Nuketown, anyone?). I've been lugging around the Strela-3 as a secondary because I'm trying to earn Ghost Pro and need to shoot down air support 30 times for that. 1911 or CZ75 if I'm using a pistol.
I carry Frags because I'm good at banking them off of walls.
Nova Gas is fun.
C4 which I rarely use.

Perk 1 is generally Ghost.
Perk 2 is usually Sleight of Hand.
Perk 3 is usually Ninja, occasionally Marathon for a Domination load out.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:55 am

I can't stand Nuke Town. I also can't stand how they actually let you vote on previous maps. I've literally played TDM and run thru Nuke Town 3 times in a row. The lanes for firing are very narrow. It's like they can't stand sniping so they put breaks in all the linear lines directly across the map. It feels like you HAVE to have a rifle that's dead straight and not too inaccurate. Because the majority of firefights I tend to find myself in are really close range.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby jnecessary » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:12 am

They patched it so that you can only play a map twice now. I think a ton of people were doing domination and demolition on Nuketown just to rank up fast.

I haven't settled on any specific setup yet, haven't had time enough to get comfortable with anything. Mostly use suppressed guns. Looking forward to unlocking the Commando and G11, I think they will be my favorites once I get them.

Dual mags is a great attachment, fast reload on every other reload and you start with I believe 50% more ammo.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.