Go with the FLOW

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Go with the FLOW

Postby bill » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:42 pm

sunspot wrote:
Hoey wrote:well, just threw it about a half dozen times in the field.

all I want to do is keep throwing it. It has the nearly all the glide of the river, with the rim of a super fast driver... it was remarkably easy to get goood distance with it. I was throwing it with a little bit of hyzer, and it would flip up and over (just a little bit) and glide for a while and then come down, fade wasn't too crazy. And for the people who can throw farther than I can... wow, it will go. Far.

what would you rate the HSS and LSS?

yes yes, HSS and LSS, please?

and the rim size, what does it compare to? hopefully not nuke size.....
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby kern9787 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 pm

bill wrote:and the rim size, what does it compare to? hopefully not nuke size.....

Its 2.2 cm. Same size as Innova's speed 12 discs (Destroyer, Xcal).
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BLURR » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 pm

A glidey, less stable destroyer-like-disc?! Sounds like a sonic boomer.

Bit the bullet...just ordered a GL and an Opto. The wife is gonna string me up by my man parts when she finds out.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby kern9787 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Wednesday is the worst day of the week when you have nothing to do and you know you are getting new toys on Thursday...
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby NoLifeLeft » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:10 pm

kern9787 wrote:Wednesday is the worst day of the week when you have nothing to do and you know you are getting new toys on Thursday...

Or...you get your toys on Wednesday and know you won't get to play until Saturday. :cry:
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Dan Mc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:21 pm

NoLifeLeft wrote:
kern9787 wrote:Wednesday is the worst day of the week when you have nothing to do and you know you are getting new toys on Thursday...

Or...you get your toys on Wednesday and know you won't get to play until Saturday. :cry:

and thursdays veterans day so no mail delivery until friday :x :x
Dan Mc
Noob

Favorite Disc: elite x wasp

Postby kern9787 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Dan Mc wrote:
NoLifeLeft wrote:

and thursdays veterans day so no mail delivery until friday :x :x

You just ruined the rest of my week...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Booter » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

fuck.. I barely realized that :( no friggn mail tomorrow. Damnit.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby discspeed » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 pm

We have a million FLOWs in at CDGS...Seriously, we got in something like a $6000 order in yesterday.

Anyway, I had a pick of many, many FLOWs to try. I grabbed an opaque pink opto 175 and a silver/pearly GL 175. They are both quite domey, with the Opto just a little more so. They were not however the domiest we received.

I don't have much time to write about my experiences right now, but it was a really nice disc. Initially they seemed to really die at the end of the flight, but after I took some of the flashing off they were flying awesome. They are really straight flying for how fast they are. In short, they reminded me of longer Strikers or Orcs. I'll post more later...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby discspeed » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

discspeed wrote:We have a million FLOWs in at CDGS...Seriously, we got in something like a $6000 order in yesterday.

Anyway, I had a pick of many, many FLOWs to try. I grabbed an opaque pink opto 175 and a silver/pearly GL 175. They are both quite domey, with the Opto just a little more so. They were not however the domiest we received.

I don't have much time to write about my experiences right now, but it was a really nice disc. Initially they seemed to really die at the end of the flight, but after I took some of the flashing off they were flying awesome. They are really straight flying for how fast they are. In short, they reminded me of longer Strikers or Orcs. I'll post more later...

Alright, I'm back and I have more to say about this disc. The first thing I'll add is that out of all the Lat64 drivers I've tried, the Flow flies most similarly across Opto/Goldline plastics. My two have similar domes and PLH, and fly very similarly stability and distance-wise. I threw them on a couple of hyzers and then some long and straight drives. Today, they went as far as my Nukes were going, which was surprising. In approximately a 5mph tailwind they flew farther and straighter than my Nukes. I felt immediately like I was getting more of my power into them than I was my Nukes. The grip was much more comfy for me than my Nukes, so this disc has got a shot to make my bag. In the hand it is like a wider rimmed PD, Northman, or Striker...It just has the shape that I've come to trust in my hand. I was snapping the snot out them without even reaching back like I have to with the Nuke or Boss.

Both flipped up VERY SLIGHTLY from a hyzer release. I would give them perhaps a -.5/-1 in HSS, definitely a notch more HSS than my Nukes. This is a bit skewed though, as most the holes I used them on today had a slight tailwind, and I didn't get to test them into the wind at all.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the glide, controlability, and neutral stability of the Flow. When reading the description prior to release, I didn't expect to be really interested in the disc. After throwing it today, I'm very interested. It has at least peaked my interest enough to carry it around for a while and do some thorough testing. Imagine a faster and more HSS Northman, and that's basically what the Flow is.
discspeed

Postby mattw » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Discspeed what would you give it for a power requirement to get it up to speed 4,5, or 6?
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby jubuttib » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Someone try these in a headwind. My guess is that even if they're stable enough, the massive dome will slow them down right away.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 pm

mattw wrote:Discspeed what would you give it for a power requirement to get it up to speed 4,5, or 6?

I'd give it a 5...But I'd say it has a slightly higher pwr requirement than the Hurricane, which Blake's chart has at a 6 :?: .
discspeed

Postby mattw » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:19 pm

I should probably pass. I just dont have the arm for these types of discs. I max out with a PD at a little over 300 feet. When I heard River Halo combo I was hoping for a high 4 low 5 power requirement. Thank you for the response.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:25 pm

I straight up threw one of the longest shots of my life today with a 171g Opto Flow at Maple Hill. It was straight redonk.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment