the bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the bag

Postby zj1002 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Here is my bag for the upcoming Texas Teams tournament. I haven't actually used my competition bag in a couple months so I put it together today so my body could adjust to the extra weight before this weekend. This bag is going to be pretty heavy, I have various stages of most discs.

11x KC Pro Aviar 175g standstill putts 40ft in
11x KC Pro Aviar 174g jump putts outside the circle. spin putts for low lines and longer straddle putts.
12x KC Pro Aviar 175g driving only
Omega AP 1.11 172g driving only. it is the slicker/yellow AP plastic. mainly in bag for durability

11x KC Pro Roc - 9/10 - stable drives
11x KC Pro Roc - 8/10 - stable drives, has slightly more grip than the 9/10 roc
11x KC Pro Roc - 7/10 - main driving roc. slight hyzer flips
11x KC Pro Roc - 5.5/10 - main hyzer flip to turnover roc
11x KC Pro Roc - 4/10 - extreme hyzer flips
Gator - Pearly champ with bead. overstable/wind duty

QJLS - 7/10 - flat dome. straight and slight hyzer flip drives.
CEQJLS - 7/10 - this QJ has a higher dome than the other. mainly controlled turnover shots
1.13 Polaris LS - 8/10 Flat Hyzer shots 330-400ft. also when I need it to flip & finish straight
1.13 Polaris LS - 7/10 same as before. just a backup disc but has a better grip
Q Polaris LS - Stable flat Hyzer drives. when I need it to finish left and some s-shots
KC Pro Whippet x2 - not sure if these are 10x or 11x. Great tacky plastic. utility/FH disc.
Z Pred - 9/10 forward penetrating hyzer shots and flick rollers

4x JK Valk - 7/10 straight shots and big turnovers
1.1 MOLF - 6/10 huge hyzer flips that finish turnover. usually big flips over the tree lines for parked shots 8)
1.1 SOLF - 7/10 Straight hyzer flips
1.1 SOLF - 8/10 stable hyzer shots
Xcalibur 1st run - 8/10 utility and FH shots
Hurricane - 168g - Pure distance hyzer flips
Hurricane - 173g - Pure distance hyzer lines

Coming in the mail, might make the bag for teams: Sanny Q-Sent - I used to throw these back when I had 350ish power, but had no game back then. plan on using one for my mid range skip and FH shots. Have a lot of experience with the disc, so I am pretty confident I can use it properly this weekend.

So yeah like 25+ discs for my tournament bag. I will probably drop the super beat Roc to add a Mako for glidey shots. Might drop the Gator if the Q-Sent out performs it before this weekend. I also might replace the Omega AP with a beat 12x KC Aviar depending on the weather.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby zj1002 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 pm

back to casual/mini bag:

2 - 11x Aviar
1 - Pro Rhyno: grippy, floppy, great approach disc

4 - 11x KC Pro Roc: new to seasoned
1 - Gator - pearly, beaded

3 - CEQJ: 1 is beat, other two hold straight
3 - Polaris LS - 2 1.13, 1 QPLS: Q is mega-stable, 1.13's are nice and straight.
1 - CE EXP1

3 - SOLF 1.1 - stable to seasoned
1 - Hurricane
1 - Xcal
1 - QOLS: beat
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 am

21 discs in the "casual/mini" bag?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby dgdave » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:47 pm

That's exactly what I was about to post.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby zj1002 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't think I've carried under 18 in the past 2 years. When I say casual bag, I mean it is literraly my smaller non-comp bag. I cram 30+ into my innova comp bag. I think I carry the most in the Austin area, or from those i have played with.

Anyways qms and star roc have made the bag. Dropped one of my 11x rocs. The valk is basically out of my bag again. Ended up being very unreliable as opposed to the qjls/Polaris combo. Wraith is seeing mote action than the hurricane, due to the hurricane breaking in. I want to see an sp hurricane
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:10 am

11x Aviar 175g - putts inside 40ft, non jump.
11x Aviar 172g - jump putts and drives inside 200ft(teebox drives).
Pro Rhyno - floppy and soft, my main approach disc inside 250ft. Rarely used off the box. This disc helped me develop my standstill game which has become a strong suit.

11x KC Pro Roc 175g - 7/10 nice and straight power mid
11x KC Pro Roc 174g - 5/10 hyzer flip and anny drives
Champ Roc 2006 - stable hyzer roc
CE-QMS 169g - Straight touch shots with a flat finish. this QMS goes and goes if I power it
Q-Sent Sanny

QPLS - flat hyzers, my power fwy driver
1.13 PLS - hyzer flip
QJLS - flat red and my main fwy driver. holds any line, will flex out of an anny
CEQJLS - my main anny fwy driver, will flip up and track right when powered
CEQJLS - domey and more of a pro/ce blend. great for big anny's
11x FB - My preds started going to far on hyzers since I added more distance over the past 3 months. The combo of the FB and QPLS hasn't made me miss the Pred

1.1 SOLF- beat to shit
1.1 SOLF- fresh for power hyzers
QOLS - straight
Xcal 1st run- beat straight, will flip

Since I can now control most shots out to 450 I have been working a lot with my fairway drivers and having great success. I rarely use my distance drivers since the austin course can be somewhat technical.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:57 pm

latest additions

SOLF 1.2 - more stable than 1.1
Aero - super pearly champion, great plastic. - fun little disc, has been great for practice rounds.

Want List
PD2 - P and C plastic. Just need to raise some paypal funds so I can afford these
SPLS - I never actually threw one, but need a polaris with more grip. curious how this will beat in
QOLF - haven't had one in a while but I need a wind OLF
P2 - S or P(or is it in D?) for the driving putter slot. I don't want to drive my 11x Aviars and the 12x are too slick for driving.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 am

Why don't you want to drive your 11x?
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby zj1002 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:11 am

the Q Polaris LS are stable enough when powered down so they get more work. I mainly use the FB for BH skip shots, FH, and thumbers. I dont have to worry about the QPLS skipping out if I accidently put nose up on it. The QOLF is a bit longer, and it would replace the 1.2 solf for more durability. It wouldn't be used on FB lines. I just recently went back to the FB and used a Pred before that so I don't always think to use the FB.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Wait so you meant 11x aviar? The Texas terrain rips it up pretty fast. I play a lot of rocky courses

P2 is definitely a keeper for driving. The QMS is pushing my Rocs out of the bag. I have a stable CE and a beat champ. Only have a champ roc left
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Yup. I meant Aviar.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:17 pm

yeah I can't waste my 11x aviars away on the texas terrain. I will drive with it in open situations and use it for jump putts. I also generally need a driving putter that will stay stable. I am not sure how long the P2 will stay beefy, and right now it has actually a hair too much fade on it. It has a good amount of LSS for a beadless putter and once it breaks in that next notch it will be where I need it. The higher profile is perfect for my hands and style.

Bag with all the changes

11x KC pro Aviar
P2 S-line
Rhyno Pro - floppy
Rhyno Champion - stiff
QMS CE
QMS
Roc 2006 thrower champion
QPLS x2
QJLS x2
11x FB
SOLF 1.1
SOLF 1.2
QOLF 1.1
QOLS
Xcal FR

the C-PD2 will replace the Xcal. From my limited throws it reminded me of a more stable hurricane. Basically a disc inbetween an xcal and destroyer for power hyzers. I loved the hurricane but the plastic DGA used did not hold up.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby JR » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:35 am

S-Line P2 stays fine for a long time and breaks in so slowly that i haven't really see changes to mine. If you dislike the fade of the S P2 you'll love the D-Line P2. Primo plastic Prodiscus Jokeri should last a long time and it is grippier than S P2 fading about halfway between KC Aviars and S P2. Jokeri is long but a pure P2 shot is likely to glide farther as is Ion and broken in Ringer.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm

my SP2 has actually already broken in. I play on a lot of rocky courses and I throw my putters a lot on holes inside 300ft. Really nice straight disc when powered, and very predictable when slowed down

so since im not playing pdga events this year, my bag will be changing a lot while I work on my game.

11x KC Pro Aviar - putts
P2 S-Line - drives
Rhyno Pro - approaches/touch shots
QMS CE - workhorse mid
SMS - 2006 stamp, firm and beefy feel
Spider - ce/proline run
QSent Sanny - straight shots with fade and mid hyzer skips
Roc 2006 champ
QPLS - power fwy driver, hyzers, s-curves
PLS 1.13 - hyzer flips
QJLS CE
11x FB
SOLF 1.1 - red, flips
SOLF 1.1 - orange, stable/fresh
QOLF 1.2 - Wind and hyzer
QOLS - BH rollers, big anny, tailwind bombs
Xcal - util and big hyzers

I have been working on my BH roller game, which I didn't have until this week. got a QOLS out to 450 and seem to have semi control on them. still working on landing angles

made alot of changes with my mids recently. The Spider was put in for shits today, and actually saved me some strokes. It can take a hyzer flip, and when thrown soft will work a nice s-curve. QSent makes the bag based on the course. QMS has pretty much replaced all the beat 11x roc's I used to carry. It really opened up my midrange game by relying on more durable plastic that can work a lot of lines
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:35 am

been playing around with CE Exp1 again. I stopped throwing them when I lost my 2 nice red ones. When I was throwing these(about a year ago), they were my overstable disc. Now that I have learned to throw smooth(with power), these are acting pretty close to eagle-x's(same bottom). It definitely crowds my fairway drivers but I can now differentiate where each one excels/fails.

11x Aviar
S-PD2
Rhyno Pro
QMS CE x2
Roc Star Sanny x2
Q-sentinel Sanny
Polaris LS 1.13
QPolaris LS
QJLS CE x2
Exp1 CE x2
11x FB
SOLF 1.1 x2
QOLF 1.2
QOLS
Destroyer
zj1002
metroid cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion