"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: ChUcK's latest dye...

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 am

Chuck's in Iceland ATM. Rest assured, I've been giving him guilt trips about unfinished dye jobs. He in turn, continues to assure me that he'll get them done. For those that are getting impatient, I have his email address, phone number, AND home address for the right "incentive." I'm a loyal friend, but as "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase pointed out "every man has his price." ;)
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:52 am

CHUUUUUUUCK! I GOT A WHITE GOLD LINE CORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Itchy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Is he living off the grid, making money dyeing discs and growing his epic beard even epic-er? You have any work in progress pictures of the discs he's started?
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby malinkie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Startin' to think about making a stencil of a milk carton with Chuck's face in the missing persons section...
.: Reaper : Valkyrie : Teebird : Roc : Spider : JK Pro Aviar X :.
My Throw
My Dyes
malinkie
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JK Pro Aviar X

Postby ChUcK » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:56 am

fuck you too, dave.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby Booter » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:07 am

he's back!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 am

Chucky!
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby ChUcK » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:16 am

I'm not back. I couldn't be further away, in fact. I just wanted Dave to know that a little piece of me died last night when I saw that wraith on eBay.

Later DGR, you guys rocked.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 am

Did you go AWOL...?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby dgdave » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:49 am

I didn't ebay it! I had to sell off some plastic and the guy who bought the lot of discs did.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Leopard » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 am

dgdave broke the artist's code!
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby ChUcK » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Dave, I know you didn't eBay the disc. Look, it really doesn't matter. That wraith was yours to do what you liked with it. It was not the gift, the dye process combined with the initial opening of the USPS envelope was. Anything after that and it's a blurry oblivion. I'm not mad, Dave. I just overreact sometimes :oops: and I'm sorry I posted all angry and such. You and I both received our enjoyment from that dye, and now it really is just a wraith.

This is what most people don't understand about dyed discs. The tatted plastic is not the art, if there is even any to be had. The art of a dyed disc is the fleeting moment of completion, when it looks as fantastic as it ever will. If the owner of the disc gets to see the dye before too long, then the look on their face upon first viewing is a bonus bit of art. I feel almost selfish at times, knowing that I'm the only person who ever truly benefits from the process.

Disc dyeing does not produce any sort of lasting artistic value. It fades into effectively nothing just as fast as a sculpture by Andy Goldsworthy might. You can take a picture of the fresh dye but photographs are like cheap reprints, the best you can get if you weren't there for the real deal.

So to anyone who takes part in this fabulous hobby, remember to make each and every dye as extraordinary as possible, because if you're just churning out crap that has no personal significance to either party then you're wasting your time, not to mention removing one more good canvas from my selection pool!
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:28 pm

ChUcK wrote:Dave, I know you didn't eBay the disc. Look, it really doesn't matter. That wraith was yours to do what you liked with it. It was not the gift, the dye process combined with the initial opening of the USPS envelope was. Anything after that and it's a blurry oblivion. I'm not mad, Dave. I just overreact sometimes :oops: and I'm sorry I posted all angry and such. You and I both received our enjoyment from that dye, and now it really is just a wraith.

This is what most people don't understand about dyed discs. The tatted plastic is not the art, if there is even any to be had. The art of a dyed disc is the fleeting moment of completion, when it looks as fantastic as it ever will. If the owner of the disc gets to see the dye before too long, then the look on their face upon first viewing is a bonus bit of art. I feel almost selfish at times, knowing that I'm the only person who ever truly benefits from the process.

Disc dyeing does not produce any sort of lasting artistic value. It fades into effectively nothing just as fast as a sculpture by Andy Goldsworthy might. You can take a picture of the fresh dye but photographs are like cheap reprints, the best you can get if you weren't there for the real deal.

So to anyone who takes part in this fabulous hobby, remember to make each and every dye as extraordinary as possible, because if you're just churning out crap that has no personal significance to either party then you're wasting your time, not to mention removing one more good canvas from my selection pool!

Post of the Year? gets my vote!
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby jnecessary » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:53 am

keltik wrote:
ChUcK wrote:Dave, I know you didn't eBay the disc. Look, it really doesn't matter. That wraith was yours to do what you liked with it. It was not the gift, the dye process combined with the initial opening of the USPS envelope was. Anything after that and it's a blurry oblivion. I'm not mad, Dave. I just overreact sometimes :oops: and I'm sorry I posted all angry and such. You and I both received our enjoyment from that dye, and now it really is just a wraith.

Post of the Year? gets my vote!

Second.

Well said Chuck.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Artwork