Postby EpicLeopard1337 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:07 pm

somewhere between a Buzzz and a Comet?
Flash-Valkyrie-Cheetah-Roc-Buzzz-Comet
EpicLeopard1337
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: honky cat

Re: MD2

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 pm

I'd wager a lot more HSS than Comets. The C and some S-Lines fly pretty much like Z Buzzzes with Coyote speed and glide (though I don't have extensive experience with the Z Buzzz).
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Pwingles » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:47 pm

i fondled one today and it felt and looked alot like a mako, didnt throw it though, is it more HSS than a Mako?
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby zj1002 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 pm

roc > md2

/end topic
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm

Roc Lover wrote:i fondled one today and it felt and looked alot like a mako, didnt throw it though, is it more HSS than a Mako?
Yes. Not that much more LSS though IMHO. Especially the Ps I've had have been more HSS and less LSS than the Mako.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 am

I threw the c md2 I got finally yesterday. It was more stable than I expected it to be for sure. I could rip it and it wasn't going to flip over and it had a nice reliable fade. I will probably mess around with it some more, but I am liking it so far.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:52 am

The md1 on the other hand I was not really diggin. My md2 was holding its shit better into the wind than the md1 was. I'm probably gonna throw the md2 hornet combo for awhile.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby jubuttib » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:46 am

What plastic MD1 were you throwing? My SG-MD1 wasn't even close to turning in ~20 mph headwind. But I do admit, the MD1 in D and S-Line plastic is the single most OAT sensitive disc I've ever thrown. The SG-Line seems to handle things better.

Also, funny how people like different things about discs. The C-MD2 is a good disc, but the last thing I want from an MD2 is fade at the end. =) Straight and straighter.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:48 am

Mine is a sg. I let a bunch of people top advanced level players in wisconsin throw it and we all had the same results. Into a headwind it wasn't that hss but it did have decent lss. If it is calm out it is fine, but that is not really what I am looking for in a disc. The c-md2 still is holding its shit. It isn't like a sudden fade, it is nice slow gradual consistent fade. I like it.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby Phil VB » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 am

I am thinking of picking up a couple of these, but wanted to clarify something. I currently throw new rocs for stable shots and seasoned Z-Buzzz for straight/turnover shots. It sounds like these will take the place of my seasoned Buzzzes, correct? If so, these might be a good option for dangerous holes where I am in danger of losing one of my babies. Are the C-Line comparable to a beat champ roc?
Phil VB
Noob

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:41 am

my c line was like a really stable brand new z buzzz. i didnt throw any others.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Yeah, the C-Lines are very Z Buzzz-like, with Mako speed and glide. Some S-Lines are like this too, though I've tried some that turned and faded more (more of an S-flight). The P-Lines are very very very straight. They don't really turn (for me at least) but hold so beautiful anhyzers that I don't really have much use for my Meteor anymore.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby BrotherDave » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 am

How do these compare to a Fuse? Slower, slightly more HSS?
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby jubuttib » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:24 am

I haven't thrown a Fuse for some time, but I felt that the MD2 was faster (but not by much if it is). They're much more HSS though. My P-Lines don't turn on 300' throws unless I mess up my release, and the others are usually even more HSS and LSS.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby josser » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 pm

rusch_bag wrote:my c line was like a really stable brand new z buzzz. i didnt throw any others.

Sounds yummy! That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment